4D Discourses, Techniques and Technology Installations
This subject is part of the Languages, Techniques and Technologies discipline
- Studies: Bachelor Degree in Fine Arts
- Credits: 6 ECTS
- Year: Second year
- Type: Required
- Subject code: GBA14
This subject, which is part of Languages, Techniques and Technologies, is a primarily practical workshop and experimentation space. As do all the subjects within this discipline, it relates the understanding of materials and their properties together with the acquisition of different techniques and technologies to the emergence of language and the aesthetic and communicative aspects of artistic practice. Since this subject is a continuation of 4D, Languages, Techniques and Technologies, operating within the 4D scope continues, i.e. the exploration of time-based practices, including audiovisual, sound work and performative practices. However, the peculiarity of this subject is that it introduces the notion of specificity in production and reception, as required by the "installation" of the work. This enables us to address the contextual both in terms of physical location and perceptual articulation and in relation to frames of artistic reference and the different cultural and social ecosystems in which a particular work is inscribed.
Experimentation with time-based media, their relationship and hybridizations, exploring the articulation between intrinsic qualities and associative resonances of techniques, procedures and materials. Materialization and dematerialization processes in time-based media. From quotation to appropriation, post-productive practices in time-based media. Body, presence and mediation. Time-based practices and contextual sensitivity. Installation, activation, real time and performativity in time-based media. Specificity, relation, disposition, intensification of the here and now. Organization of time-based work processes, adequate use of documents and tools. Ideation, development, conceptualization and production of installed time-based works.
- Acquisition and demonstration of advanced understanding of theoretical and practical aspects and of work methodology in the field of artistic practices.
- Resolution of specific professional problems and situations with entrepreneurial and innovative attitudes.
- Elaboration of orthographically and grammatically correct reports and written documents (mainly of a technical nature) in Catalan, Spanish and English.
- Conduct of investigations integrating a feminist and egalitarian perspective.
- Development of processes of formalization and installation of time-based works using techniques and tools in an accurate and creative way.
- Ability to analyze the specific problems and constraints of the formalization and installation of time-based media and formats and address them consciously and creatively in practice.
- Ability to show responsibility, sensitivity and technical imagination in the processes of working with time-based media and their installation.
- Activate, by means of the installation, the disposition with intention and the intensification of specific elements, the intrinsic qualities and the associative resonances that must be taken into account in a preferential way in a work carried out with time-based media.