Artist Editions Workshop
This subject is part of the Advanced Techniques, Technologies and Languages subject
- Studies: Bachelor Degree in Fine Arts
- Credits: 6 ECTS
- Year: Third and Fourth year
- Type: Elective
- Mention: Electives Degree in Fine Arts
- Subject code: GBAOP14
Artists' Editions Workshop is designed as an exploration of the possibilities of publications and graphic works in the field of artistic practices, starting from the ideation, development, conceptualisation and production of printed works. It is a practical experimentation subject that relates learning about the characteristics of the material and technique with the emergence of languages. Practical experimentation is also related to different artistic frameworks, both contemporary and historical.
Introduction to editing in the field of artistic practices, its genealogies, formats and basic concepts. Critical approach to the use of tools, techniques and materials. Production, composition and distribution of contents by means of grids and their application to analogue and digital formats. Text composition and content hierarchy. Page as the central axis of contents and narratives in publications and graphic works. Ideation, development, conceptualisation and production of publications in printed format applied to artistic practices.
- Acquisition and demonstration of advanced understanding of the theoretical and practical aspects as well as of working methodology in the field of artistic practices.
- Identification of own training needs and the ability to organise own learning with a high degree of autonomy in all types of contexts (structured or not).
- Analysis of personal and professional skills in relation to different areas of professional practice.
- Produce orthographically and grammatically accurate reports and written documents (mainly of a technical nature) in Catalan, Spanish and English.
- Show a motivated and committed attitude towards personal and professional improvement.
- Conduct investigations integrating a feminist and egalitarian perspective.
- Adequately resolve processes of ideation, development, conceptualisation and production of publications in printed format applied to artistic practices.
- Choose consciously among tools, supports and techniques of editorial design according to the characteristics of specific publication works.
- Use graphic elements such as grids, layout guidelines, typographies and colours according to the needs of the publishing project to be carried out.
- Ability to express in an effective way using the terminologies specific to graphic design and artistic practices.