User Experience Design
Learn to design unique user experiences focused on generating or improving digital business ideas.
Description of the curriculum
- Teaching period: February 13th, 2023
- Schedule: Online.
- Modality: 100% online
- Language: English
- Price: 630 €
- Duration: 6 weeks, 8–12 h/week
This course is an introduction to the fundamentals of UX Design, with a strong focus on digital product design, covering all the steps from the basic UX processes, from user interviews to prototypes and usability testing. Through the course you will be working on developing your own portfolio piece, which can be used to demonstrate your new skills immediately. Fully supported by expert mentors with access to industry leaders you will gain real life skills to equip you for success from day one.
User experience fundamentals, the Double Diamond, benchmarking, stakeholder management, personas, ideation and prioritisation, story boarding, research methods, planning and running user interviews, synthesis, affinity mapping, prototyping, wireframes, usability testing, presentations and portfolios.
Method of study
Online learning, including interactive videos, assignments and prescheduled webinars and 1:1 online sessions with mentors and industry.
- What is User Experience Design
- Defining UX Design
- Principles, frameworks and tools
- Milestone: UX design challenge
Research and insights
- UX Research best practice
- Research methodologies
- User interviews
- Synthesis and insights
- Milestone: UX research and synthesis
- Usability testing
- Digital synthesis
- Iterating on your design
- Creating clickable prototypes
- Milestone: Create mid-fidelity prototype
Brief and problem definition
- Design briefs
- Creating personas
- Milestone: Design brief and persona
- Ideation, sketching and storyboarding
- Prioritisation techniques
- Paper prototyping and digital wireframes
- Milestone: Create low-fidelity prototype
Final presentation and what’s next?
- The art of storytelling
- From presentation to portfolio
- Future of UX
- UI fundamentals for hi-fidelity designs
Register and price
Cost of the course: 630 €
This course does not offer discounts to former BAU students because it is not an exclusive education program of the centre, but of our partner RMIT University.
Send us a message and we will contact you as soon as possible.