Designer for several commercial brands (Trucco, Divinas Palabras, Elisa Amann), technical advisor, window dresser and stylist.
Designer for several commercial brands (Trucco, Divinas Palabras, Elisa Amann), technical advisor, window dresser and stylist. Designer for several commercial brands (Trucco, Divinas Palabras, Elisa Amann), technical advisor, window dresser and stylist. He was Sales Director at Josep Font in Spain for 6 years. He occasionally DJs at local events and is a fashion show music editor for clients like Josep Font, Desigual and TCN. He coordinates the Fashion Department of the Higher Education Diploma in Design, and the External Apprenticeships from the Bachelor’s Degree in Design at the BAU College of Design.
The starting point of this course lies with the abilities that students already possess to take a critical stance, through various methods, when faced with situations involving conflict, challenges, innovation, etc. In this course, the student will develop all these abilities and methods within the field of fashion design.
During this process, the student will fulfil the following goals:
- 1.1. Develop design projects based on different thematic proposals from their own perspective while considering the context and the environment around us.
- 1.2. Apply the specific knowledge of this field that they have already gained to the development of various projects.
- 1.3. When developing projects, proper use of the different categories of space and languages of expression specific to fashion design.
Fashion design projects
- Introduction of topics: Market and Universal Design.
- Detection of potential problems or opportunities related to the discussed topics that can provide solutions through design proposals.
- Selection of appropriate research methods to determine the limits of the problem.
- Implementation of a creative method to provide solutions from fashion design that will solve the initial problem.
- Execution of fashion design projects.
Specific content of the field of fashion design: The image of a fashion brand
The concept of the image of a fashion brand will be reviewed and focused on. To this end, the following factors will be discussed:
- Brand philosophy.
- Brand style.
- Corporate image.
- Positioning in the market.
- Different ways of presenting collections.
- Fashion advertisement campaigns.
- Applies specific knowledge of fashion design to challenges committed to Universal Design and specific case studies (user).
- Carries out projects through the use of different fashion design techniques and experiments to achieve finishes, make models for volumes, incorporate the pattern and tailor it with professional results.
- Uses the mood board, trends boards and their research book to develop and record the work process followed in the creation of a prêt-à-porter collection. Communicates the concept in a coherent way and meets professional standards in the delivery of a final product, for which they used different formats and languages of expression. They use their name as a corporate brand identity.
- Is able to successfully share knowledge, methodologies, ideas, problems and solutions with all kinds of audiences, specialised or otherwise (clients, manufacturers, suppliers…) in a clear, precise way, using the specialised terminology of fashion design.
- SS1. Critical analysis and evaluation of the consequences and implications of proposals raised in design projects, both the student’s own and those of others, and their adjustment to suit the social, economic, political and cultural context.
- SS2. Integration of knowledge and approaches related to cultural, artistic and historical references in design, to practical design projects in creative and innovative ways.
- SS3. The ability to conceptualise and experiment with suggestions for design projects, and approach them with a proactive and problem solving attitude that will facilitate decisive solutions to real or potential problems, all the while taking into account the integration of cultural, artistic and instrumental approaches.
- SS4. Apply appropriate methodologies and varied research according to the subject matter, both for knowledge management and for formal experimentation and production that meets academic and professional standards.
- SS5. Excellent command of languages of expression, graphic representation techniques, digital imaging tools, and formal and manual production techniques specific to different fields of design, thereby enabling their consistent application in the experimentation, development, execution and presentation processes inherent to professional projects.
- Observation of participation.
- Monitoring of the work produced.
- Reports from students and tutors.
- Realisation of works or projects.