Textile designer and audiovisual artist
Qualifications and academic training
- Graduated in Textile Design with Honorable Mention (University of Buenos Aires)
- Master in Critical Theory and Gender Studies (Independent Studies Program, MACBA)
- Documentary Feminist Film Laboratory (Bonnemaison)
Activity and / or professional career
Gratacós SAU textile designer specialized in the development of embroidery, sequins and rhinestones for ready-to-wear. Her fabrics are used by brands such as Balmain, Yves Saint Laurent, Carolina Herrera, Victoria Beckham, Christian Dior, among others.
Her artistic work is woven between audiovisual language, performance and textile practice. She reflects on psychosocial diversity, migration and work.
She is currently researching sustainable North-South textile production modes from her practice as a female and migrant designer, thinking of them as processes situated in her socio-cultural contexts, focusing mainly on the dimensions of gender and race.
She exhibits her designs regularly at fairs: Prèmiere Vision (Paris and New York), Milano Única (Italy), Munich Start View (Germany), London Textile Fair (England), JITAC European Textile Fair (Japan), Intertextile Apparel Fabrics (China).
Her artistic work has been shown at: Malaga Festival (Spain, 2020); Palmadotze (Barcelona, 2020); Benita Tú Festival (Buenos Aires, 2020); FIDBA (Buenos Aires, 2020), ZINEBI (Bilbao, 2019), International Migrant Film Festival (Argentina, 2019) International Film Festival of Curitiba (Brazil, 2019); KFFK (Germany, 2019); Loop Festival (Barcelona, 2018); Circuits & Currents (Athens, 2017); MACBA (Barcelona, 2016); Place of doubts (Cali, 2016); EAC (Montevideo, 2016); Angels Gallery (Barcelona, 2015), Espai Colona (Barcelona, 2014); Palais de Glace (Buenos Aires, 2011).
- Collective audiovisual residence Francesca Bonnemaison Center (Barcelona, 2021)
- Best International Short Film Award, Bendita Tú Festival (Argentina, 2020)
- Hangar artistic residence (Barcelona, 2018-20)
- Institut Ramon Llull Scholarship (Barcelona, 2019)
- Capacete artistic residence - Documenta 14 (Athens - Kassel, 2017)
- National Fund for the Arts Scholarship (Argentina, 2017)
- State of Concept artistic residence (Athens, 2017)
- Artistic residence Espacio de la Memoria Haroldo Conti (Buenos Aires, 2016)
- Artistic residence Lugar a dudas (Cali, 2016)
- NauEstruch artistic residence (Sabadell, 2016)
- Bachelor Degree in Design