Degree in fine Arts. Artist. Pictorial practices and drawing
Qualifications and academic training
- Bachelor of Fine Arts from the Sant Jordi Faculty of Fine Arts of the University of Barcelona (1985-1990)
- Studies at the EINA School of Art and Design in Barcelona (1982-1985)
Activity and professional career
He develops a work as an author in artistic practice, fundamentally influencing how images are constituted and operated in the construction of imaginaries. He has also curated his own work, as well as other authors. He is the promoter and coordinator of the free art workshops at the Illa de Sabadell school (2000-2021) where he teaches, among other initiatives, as a drawing teacher for adults and art workshops for children. He has carried out pedagogical training workshops (together with Xavier Garriga) in different educational centers and entities (maintaining a more stable relationship with the educational service of the Picasso Museum in Barcelona (2011-2021).
Oriol Vilapuig's artistic work adopts the form of rehearsal as a procedure and methodology. Rehearsal as a form of study and open inquiry, an ongoing drift that overflows any imaginary, and rehearsal also as a way to define or question the limits of our experience. This experience becomes visible, largely thanks to tradition, understood as what precedes us. Hence the constant use in his works of the quotation and the appropriation of other authors that also appear in the form of writing.
His work is part of the desire to create imaginaries in the use of drawing as a fully contemporary language, around recurring themes in our collective memory such as desire, loss, eroticism, the body, fear, language and time.
- Son. Empremtes i figuracions a les Valls d’Àneu. MNAC. 2020
- La nit sexual. Fundació Suñol, 2017
- Els treballs i els dies. Alfons Borrell. Fundació Miró, Barcelona, 2015
- Bianco vol ser Augusto. Museu d’Art de Sabadell (M.A.S.), 2003
- Imatges Buides, La Virreina centre de la imatge, Barcelona. 2022
- Son. Empremtes i Figuracions a les Valls d'Àneu. Museu Nacional d 'Art de Catalunya (MNAC). 2020
- Fulls de Son, Galeria Sis, Sabadell 2019
- La nit sexual, Fundació Suñol, Barcelona 2017
- Contornos de lo audiovisual, Tabakalera, Sant Sebastian 2015
- Contra Tàpies, Fundació Tàpies, Barcelona 2013
- Cartografies contemporànies. Caixa Fòrum, Barcelona, Madrid 2012
- Episodis crítics (1957 - 2011). Col·lecció MACBA, Museu d'Art Contemporani de Barcelona (MACBA), Barcelona 2012
- ACCA 2020 Award. Best artistic project. Son. Empremtes i Figuracions a les Valls d'Àneu. MNAC
- Silver Laus from the book Son. Empremtes i Figuracions a les Valls d'Àneu. MNAC 2020. (Berenguer brothers design)
- Grant from the Generalitat for stays abroad, 1993
- Bachelor Degree in Fine Arts