Architect, specialized in biohabitability
Qualifications and academic training
- Architect (ETSAB, UPC, 2002)
- Master in Bioconstruction (Institut für Baubiologie + Nachhaltigkeit, IBN-Spanish Institute of Baubiologie, IEB-University of Lleida, UdL, 2015)
- Degree in Hispanic Philology (UAB, 1994)
Activity and / or professional career
Member of the Architecture and Health Working Group of the COAC. Since 2014 he has been a member of the Biohabita! Cooperative, specialized in bio-habitability and bio-construction and healthy interior spaces. Responsible for the advisory area. Biohabita! It is the official consultancy of the IEB. Collaborator in Smartliving's strategic plan to industrialize homes affordable, sustainable and healthy. From 2009 to 2015 he was an external collaborator of product strategy and creativity processes in the R + D department of Tous Jewelry. Between 2007 and 2010 he was responsible for strategy at Galactic Suite, the company that promoted the first hotel in orbit around the Earth. Between 2010 and 2013, member of the board of Arquinfad, interdisciplinary design association of the FAD (Fomento de las Artes y el Diseño). Between 2011 and 2013, he coordinated the Habitàcola Awards for design students organized by Arquinfad. Habitàcola XXIV-2012 Awards: Urbiculta! Habitàcola XXV-2013 Awards: Power!
- Creando un edificio más sostenible y saludable a través de una comunidad proactiva. ¡Hagamos más saludable, sostenible y proactiva nuestra escuela! R + D + I work designed in collaboration with ISGlobal, Societat Orgànica +10 sccl, Coeducacció SCCL. The project aims to improve the functioning of public educational centers in a Barcelona neighborhood (Camp de l’Arpa del Clot) from the point of view of health, well-being, comfort and environmental sustainability, with monitoring of results andcreation of a replicable model. Currently looking for financing.
- Atrio Verde. Tampón térmico y filtro de aire para edificios en entornos urbanos de alta densidad. R + D work designed in collaboration with ICTA-Institut de Ciència i Tecnologia Environmentals (Autonomous University of Barcelona), Societat Orgànica +10 sccl. The project aims to study the use of interior patios with vegetation to facilitate protection against heat, passive cooling of buildings and the quality of the indoor environment. We work on an interior-exterior transition space that integrates the vegetation as an active element and its capacity to regulate thermal, capture greenhouse gases (CO2) and filtration of polluted air (mainly NO2, PM10, PM2.5). Currently looking for financing.
- Galactic Suite, cómo construir un hotel en el espacio. Active Company, publisher Urano, Barcelona, 2009
- Formigó de fons, opinion column in the Informative Bulletin of the Institut Gaudí de la Construcció (Barcelona), 2006-2010
- Selected FAD Awards 2011 / Ephemeral Interventions. Silicon Dreams Exhibition, Tabakalera Building, Donostia-San Sebastián, 2011
- Selected FAD Awards 2001 / Ephemeral Interventions. Mies van der Rohe exhibition: Algunes imatges recuperades in the Higher Technical School of Architecture ETSAB, Barcelona, 2001