David Ortiz Juan
Master in Visual Arts. Artistic production.
Qualifications and academic training
- Bar Tool Contemporary Art Program, Bar Project, Barcelona (2018)
- Master in Visual Arts, Sandberg Instituut (Gerrit Rietveld Academie), Amsterdam, The Netherlands (2015)
- Bachelor in Graphic Design, ArtEZ University of the Arts, Arnhem, The Netherlands. Specialty in Design Research (2012)
- Technical Engineering in Computer Science, UPV València (2005)
- Certificate in Computer Engineering, Athlone IT, Ahtlone, Ireland (2004)
Activity and/or professional career
He has shown his work in centers and spaces such as The Green Parrot (Barcelona), Kunstraum Lakeside (Klagenfurt), Salón ACME (Mexico City), Fabra i Coats (Barcelona), Centre del Carme (Valencia), Medrar for Contemporary Art (Cairo), Luis Adelantado Gallery (Valencia), The State Darwin Museum (Moscow) and Stedelijk Museum Breda (Breda), among others. He combines his artistic activity with teaching. He has worked in various universities such as the Lebanese American University of Beirut, LCI of Barcelona and the Open University of Catalonia.
- Biennal d'Art Ciutat d'Amposta Award (2020)
- Artistic Production Grant, Hangar Barcelona (2018)
- Residence at the International Academy of Arts Palestine, Ramallah (2014)
- ADCV Awards, Editorial Design (2011)
- Anuaria Awards, Graphic Design (2011)