Textile and materials designer
Qualifications and academic training
- National Diploma of Technical Arts-Textile Design by the National School of Fine Arts of Lyon (ENSBA)
- Diploma in Digital Manufacturing and Biology Applied to Fashion from the Fabricademy-Fab Lab Barcelona
Activity and/or professional career
Self-employed entrepreneur. Specialist in design software such as Rhinoceros, Adobe Suite, 3D scanners, 3D printers, laser cutters, sewing and embroidery machines and well versed in electronics. However, her absolute passion resides in biomaterials and her scientific research, which she defines as the "science of materials"
Biomaterials: bioplastics, biotextiles, bacterial celluloses
- 'Diseñando para el futuro'. Ana Abad interview for the 'ED' design blog of the Higher Technical School of Engineering and Industrial Design (ETSIDI) of the Polytechnic University of Madrid (UPM).
- 'Investigación sobre los biotextiles'. Anna Utgés interview for the digital publication 'Pinker Moda' (pages 14-17).
- 'Incrementar la funcionalidad de la ropa a través de biomateriales'. Interview by Ludmilla Intravaia for the publication 'Le Boudoir Numérique'
- 'Remix El Barrio', design with biomaterials from food waste. Materfad, Disseny Hub of Barcelona. Exhibition, April-May 2021
- 'Dutch Design Week'. Online exposure and participation, Eindhoven, 2020
- 'Avantex Texworld'. Exhibitor and speaker, Bioteca and other projects, Paris Le Bourget, 2020
- 'Slow Fashion Next'. Speaker for Fabtextiles, Madrid, 2019
- 'Fab14'. Exhibitor and speaker, workshop on biomaterials, Paris and Toulouse, 2018
'Plastic Revolution'. Awarded and selected for the accelerator program, Germany, 2020
- Master in Fashion Design and Technology