XD Discourses, Techniques and Technology
This subject is part of the Languages, Techniques and Technologies discipline
- Studies: Bachelor Degree in Fine Arts
- Credits: 6 ECTS
- Year: Second year
- Type: Required
- Subject code: GBA18
This subject, which is part of the Languages, Techniques and Technologies, is a primarily practical workshop and experimentation space. As do all the subjects within this discipline, it relates the understanding of materials and their properties together with the acquisition of different techniques and technologies to the emergence of language and the aesthetic and communicative aspects of artistic practice. Within the scope of the XD denomination, this subject intends to address post-media practices, practices that explore media and formats that expand the known possibilities in art-making and practices that emphasize relationship and experience. The practical experimentation is furthermore placed in relation to different contemporary and historical frameworks of artistic reference, which enable each form of art making to be put into perspective within a larger and more complex context.
Exploration of the possibilities of tools, supports and techniques, both those belonging to the artistic tradition and those incorporated from other fields, and their use in analog and digital environments. Expanded technical imagination; an open repertoire that embraces where and what artistic practices can be like: social forms, living forms, systems, transactions, correspondences, legal formulas, institutions, interventions in the ordinary way, media, and writing, among other possibilities, their techniques and technologies, attending to the articulation between the intrinsic qualities and the associative resonances of proceedings and materials. Organization of work processes, appropriate use of documents and tools. Ideation, development, conceptualization and production of works based on the exploration of languages, techniques and technologies.
- Acquisition and demonstration of advanced understanding of theoretical and practical aspects and of work methodology in the field of artistic practices.
- Resolution of specific professional problems and situations with entrepreneurial and innovative attitudes.
- Elaboration of orthographically and grammatically correct reports and written documents (mainly of a technical nature) in Catalan, Spanish and English.
- Conduct of investigations integrating a feminist and egalitarian perspective.
- Ability to adequately develop processes of experimentation, formalization and activation of works carried out with tools, supports and techniques belonging to the artistic tradition and those incorporated from other fields, in analogical and digital environments.
- Shows responsibility, sensitivity and technical imagination in the work processes carried out with tools, supports and techniques from the artistic tradition and those incorporated from other fields, in analog and digital environments.
- Ability to identify adequately and effectively the intrinsic qualities and associative resonances that should be taken into account in a preferential way in a work carried out with tools, media and techniques from the artistic tradition and incorporated from other fields, in analog and digital environments.