Soft Materials and Print Workshop
This subject is part of the Advanced Techniques, Technologies and Languages major subject
- Studies: Bachelor Degree in Fine Arts
- Credits: 6 ECTS
- Year: Third and Fourth year
- Type: Elective
- Mention: Electives Degree in Fine Arts
- Subject code: GBAOP15
Soft Materials and Printmaking Workshop is designed as a material experimentation in the expanded field between sculptural and pictorial practices, based on ideation, development, conceptualisation and production of practical work. The subject relates learning about the characteristics of material and technique with the emergence of languages. Practical experimentation is also related to different artistic frameworks, both contemporary and historical.
This workshop is a part of Languages, Techniques and Advanced Technologies. Its aim is to offer students the possibility to continue their comprehension and improvement of previously studied techniques and technologies or to start learning new ones, while being able to choose which languages, techniques and media are relevant to their practice.
Soft materials in artistic practices, their genealogies and languages. Critical approach to the use of techniques and materials. Common dyeing techniques, natural and chemical dyes, proportions and procedures. Standardised techniques and traditional printmaking techniques, their procedures and materials. Experimentation with laser cutting, 3D printing and acids. Creation and modification of fabrics or manipulable surfaces. Experimental processes and their documents. Ideation, development, conceptualisation and production of works that incorporate experimentation with soft materials and printing applied to artistic practices.
- Acquisition and demonstration of advanced understanding of the theoretical and practical aspects as well as of working methodology in the field of artistic practices.
- Identification of own training needs and the ability to organise own learning with a high degree of autonomy in all types of contexts (structured or not).
- Analysis of personal and professional skills in relation to different areas of professional practice.
- Produce orthographically and grammatically accurate reports and written documents (mainly of a technical nature) in Catalan, Spanish and English.
- Show a motivated and committed attitude towards personal and professional improvement.
- Conduct investigations integrating a feminist and egalitarian perspective.
- Resolve in an advanced way processes of ideation, development, conceptualisation and production of works that incorporate experimentation with soft materials and printing applied to artistic practices.
- Make a deliberate use of the characteristics, properties and finishes of soft materials.
- Selects the most appropriate techniques and soft materials taking into account their environmental impact.
- Apply new materials of own experimentation depending on their suitability for the work to be made.
- Correctly communicate using the language of the artistic practice contexts to articulate intrinsic qualities and associative resonances in works of experimentation with soft materials and printmaking.