Online Digital Arts Workshop
This subject is part of the Major subject Advanced Techniques, Technologies and Languages
- Studies: Bachelor Degree in Fine Arts
- Credits: 6 ECTS
- Year: Third and Fourth year
- Type: Elective
- Mention: Electives Degree in Fine Arts
- Subject code: GBAOP11
Digital Art on the Web Workshop offers students the opportunity to expand their knowledge on online digital art practices through the ideation, development, conceptualisation and production of graphic, sound, audiovisual works and interactive and non-linear narratives on the Internet. It is a practical experimentation subject that connects technique learning with the emergence of languages. Practical experimentation is also related to different artistic frameworks, both contemporary and historical.
This workshop is a part of Languages, Techniques and Advanced Technologies. Its aim is to offer students the possibility to further their understanding and perfecting of techniques and technologies they have already studied or to start learning new ones, while being able to choose which languages, techniques and media are relevant to their practice.
- Introduction to artistic practices in the context of Internet, critical approach to their genealogies, principles and infrastructures.
- Basic concepts of the implementation of graphic, sound and audiovisual works as well as interactive and non-linear narratives on the Internet.
- Formats, networks, interactive technologies and content managers.
- Conceptualisation, point of view and role of the user.
- Experience and interface design.
- Design and optimisation for devices and contexts.
- Ideation, development, conceptualisation and implementation of works in digital contexts.
- Acquisition and demonstration of advanced understanding of the theoretical and practical aspects as well as of working methodology in the field of artistic practices.
- Identification of own training needs and the ability to organise own learning with a high degree of autonomy in all types of contexts (structured or not).
- Analysis of personal and professional skills in relation to different areas of professional practice.
- Produce orthographically and grammatically accurate reports and written documents (mainly of a technical nature) in Catalan, Spanish and English.
- Show a motivated and committed attitude towards personal and professional improvement.
- Conduct investigations integrating a feminist and egalitarian perspective.
- Adequate resolution of processes of ideation, development, conceptualisation and implementation of work in digital contexts.
- Appropriate use of specific tools for the creation of online digital content.
- Understanding and basic use of programming languages as well as the terminology specific to digital contexts.