This subject is part of the subject Advanced Techniques, Technologies and Languages
- Studies: Bachelor Degree in Fine Arts
- Credits: 6 ECTS
- Year: Third and Fourth year
- Type: Elective
- Mention: Electives Degree in Fine Arts
- Subject code: GBAOP12
Interaction Workshop offers students the opportunity to expand their knowledge on the use of interactive technologies in the field of artistic practices. This is done through the ideation, development, conceptualisation and production of works that introduce this aspect applying it in an organic form according to the needs of each project. This is a practical experimentation subject that relates the learning of technique with the emergence of languages. Practical experimentation is also related to different artistic reference frameworks, both contemporary and historical.
This workshop is a part of Languages, Techniques and Advanced Technologies. Its aim is to offer students the possibility to further develop their understanding and perfection of techniques and technologies previously studied or to start to learn new ones, with the possibility to choose the languages, techniques and media that are relevant to their practice.
- Introduction to interaction and its basic concepts.
- Critical approach to the use of interactive technology.
- Areas of interaction application: spaces, clothing, audiovisual, graphics, matter, light.
- Basic programming of interactive systems.
- Technical experimentation with sensors, actuators and hybrid systems.
- Ideation, development, conceptualisation and production of interactive works applied to artistic practices.
- Acquisition and demonstration of advanced understanding of theoretical and practical aspects as well as of working methodology in the field of artistic practices.
- Identification of own training needs and the ability to organise own learning with a high degree of autonomy in all types of contexts (structured or not).
- Analysis of personal and professional skills in relation to different areas of professional practice.
- Produce orthographically and grammatically accurate reports and written documents (mainly of a technical nature) in Catalan, Spanish and English.
- Show a motivated and committed attitude towards personal and professional improvement.
- Conduct investigations integrating a feminist and egalitarian perspective.
- Appropriate resolution of processes of ideation, development, conceptualisation and production of interactive works applied to artistic practices.
- Integrate different technologies and languages in the implementation of interactive pieces.
- Understanding and use of programming languages and the terminology specific to interactivity at basic level.