Contemporary Debates in the Arts, Science and Technology
- Studies: Bachelor Degree in Fine Arts
- Credits: 6 ECTS
- Year: Third and Fourth year
- Type: Elective
- Mention: Electives Degree in Fine Arts
- Subject code: GBAOP22
The main objective of the subject Contemporary Debates in Arts, Sciences and Humanities, included in Critical Practices and Contemporary Debates, is to accompany students in the process of in-depth study of their interests, focusing on the arguments that are presented as particularly urgent in each field. The function of this subject is to facilitate a rigorous and situated approach to the debates that appeal to the present of artistic practice from the extensive field of sciences and technologies, reinforcing, in addition, the fundamental role of theory and research. To this end, within the framework of the subject, students will need to develop proposals that are discursively and/or operationally inscribed in a given context.
Introduction to contemporary debates in the field of science and technology and their relationship with artistic practices through theoretical and practical references and essential readings. Contributions of women and minoritised collectives in the fields of knowledge of the sciences and technologies and their influence on artistic and cultural practices. Discussion and analysis of the main contemporary arguments and challenges in the field of sciences and technologies, critically examined in relation to ecology, decolonial thought, feminism and intersectionality. Development of a theoretical and practical project in relation to the treated subject.
- Acquisition and demonstration of advanced knowledge of theoretical and practical aspects and working methodology in the field of artistic practices.
- Ability to analyze the situations from a global and integral perspective, by relating social, cultural, economic and gender elements, when appropriate.
- Perform evaluation processes of one's own and others' practice in a critical and responsible way.
- Integrate the gender perspective and inclusiveness when producing communication content, in texts and audiovisual materials.
- Adequately analyze the main contemporary debates in the field of sciences and technologies and their relation with artistic practices.
- Appropriately and creatively relate the main contemporary debates in the field of science and technology to his/her own work and that of others.
- Conduct of investigation and information selection processes adapted to artistic practice in relation with the field of sciences and technologies.
- Active participation in contexts of discussion and analysis on the main contemporary arguments and challenges in relation to sciences, technologies and artistic practices.