Artistic Practices and Research
This subjet is part of the Methodologie's discipline
- Studies: Bachelor Degree in Fine Arts
- Credits: 6 ECTS
- Year: Third year
- Type: Required
- Subject code: GBA30
In Laboratory of Artistic Practices and Research, a subject included in Methodologies, the student is introduced to the open debates about research in art and to the specific methodologies of artistic research, focusing on the type of knowledge generated from artistic practice and in the researcher-practitioner figure.
Introduction to research and its modalities in artistic practices. Knowledge generation from art, the artist as researcher and the debate on artistic research. The premises of contextualization, explicitness and coherence; artistic practices understood from the ethos of research. Configuration, development, visualization and narration of own practice as research through a project. Ideation, design and structuring of a research plan. Testing and results sharing. Citation and reference forms of each scientific community and their problems. Analysis of methodologies from an intersectional and gender sensitive perspective. Individual and collective elaboration of theoretical-practical proposals in relation to the treated subject.
- Analyze own training needs and organize own learning with a high degree of autonomy in different contexts (structured and unstructured).
- Overall evaluation of the learning processes carried out according to the plans and objectives set and establishing of individual improvement measures.
- Act with respect towards diversity and equal opportunities, taking into account the intersection of gender inequality with other axes of inequality (age, class, race, sexuality and gender identity/expression, functional diversity, etc.).
- Promoting gender equality within the framework of own practice.
- Find own approaches in processes of ideation, experimentation, conceptualization and testing and apply them in a coherent and viable way.
- Apply the knowledge and methodologies of artistic practices to the development of the tasks entrusted and self-initiated.
- Collect and visualize data with graphic and audiovisual media.