2D Discourses, Techniques and Technology Installations
This subject is part of the Languages, Techniques and Technologies discipline
- Studies: Bachelor Degree in Fine Arts
- Credits: 6 ECTS
- Year: Second year
- Type: Required
- Subject code: GBA13
This subject, which is part of the Languages, Techniques and Technologies discipline, is primarily a practical workshop and experimentation space. As do all the subjects within this discipline, it relates the understanding of materials and their properties together with the acquisition of different techniques and technologies to the emergence of language and the aesthetic and communicative aspects of artistic practice. Since this subject is a continuation of 2D, Languages, Techniques and Technologies, it continues operating under the 2D context, i.e. focusing on the two-dimensional field. This subject will allow the exploration of notions of surface, screen and pictorial plane, approaching them both in relation to the support as well as to the space of representation and the production of the image.. This exploration will be carried out transversally and through different media such as photography or painting.
However, the particularity of this subject is that it introduces the notion of specialization in production and reception, in the way a work of "installation" requires. This allows us to approach the concept of context in terms of physical location and perceptive articulation, as well as in relation to the artistic frames of reference and the different cultural and social ecosystems in which a particular work is inscribed.
Experimentation with two-dimensional media, its relationship and hybridizations, exploring the articulation between intrinsic qualities and associative resonances of techniques, procedures and materials. Materialization and dematerialization processes in two-dimensional media. Elements of semiotics, psychology and iconography. From quotation to appropriation, post-productive practices in two-dimensional media. Production and contextualization of images. Installation of two-dimensional media; specific nature, relationship, disposition, intensification of the here and now. Organization of two-dimensional work processes, proper use of documents and tools. Ideation, development, conceptualization and production of installed two-dimensional works.
- Acquisition and demonstration of advanced understanding of theoretical and practical aspects and of work methodology in the field of artistic practices.
- Resolution of specific professional problems and situations with entrepreneurial and innovative attitudes.
- Elaboration of orthographically and grammatically correct reports and written documents (mainly of a technical nature) in Catalan, Spanish and English.
- Conduct of investigations integrating a feminist and egalitarian perspective.
- Development of processes of formalization and installation of two-dimensional works using techniques and tools in an accurate and creative way.
- Analysis of the specific problems and conditioning factors of the formalization and installation of two-dimensional media and formats and approaching them consciously and creatively in the practice.
- Show responsibility, sensitivity and technical imagination in the processes of working with two-dimensional media and their installation.
- Activate, through installation, intentional disposition and intensification of specific elements, the intrinsic qualities and associative resonances that must be taken into account preferentially in a work made with two-dimensional media.