Binding. Project’s presentation
Binding provides a series of simple techniques for producing project containers, and does not necessarily require a workshop with professional equipment. Armed with a basic understanding of the materials and tools, anyone can design and produce a presentation or project that does justice to the work.
- Edition: 2nd
- Teaching period: February 15, 22 and March 1, 8
- Schedule: Friday from 16 to 20 h
- Modality: On site
- Language: Spanish
- Price: 200 € (material included)
- Duration: 16 hours
When receiving a proposal, first impressions are everything; a good project that is badly presented will often end up in a drawer. This course intends to provide the required tools and knowledge to deliver project presentations with appropriate bindings that hold, support and perhaps even improve the content.
When commissioning work to a professional workshop, it is essential to be aware of the technical possibilities they offer and their limitations, as well as the materials that are typically used.
This course will cover folded binding techniques (easel binding, sewing and stapling, and Coptic stich), loose-leaf techniques (Japanese stitch and rustic binding) and the use of cardboard (folders, boxes). These are relatively simple techniques, but they provide many opportunities for creative intervention and can adapt to requirements for an attractive presentation on a moderate budget.
In the last session of the course, having understood the techniques involved, the students will choose the method that fits the requirements of their own projects.
- Gaining an awareness of the importance of the presentation of a project.
- Understanding the correct use of binding materials and tools.
- Acquiring the technical skills of binding.
- Resources and addresses of professionals in Barcelona.
- Rustic binding (American)
- Japanese stitch
- Books with a sewn or stapled spine
- Coptic stitch folders and boxes
- Overview of the possibilities offered by binding (sample)
- Students and alumni of BAU have a discount of 10%.
- The minimum number of students for the course is 8.
Send us a message and we will contact you as soon as possible.