- Edition: 1st
- Teaching period: From October 16th 2019 to May 2020. Final postgraduate's project presentation: June 2020.
- Schedule: Monday and Wednesday from 19 to 22 h.
- Modality: On site
- Language: Spanish
- Price: 4.380 €
- Qualification: Postgraduate Degree in packaging design and omnichannel activation issued by the UVic-UCC.
- Credits: 30 ECTS
Packaging is an extension of the product and, therefore, of the brand and the company. It represents an opportunity to create unique brand experiences, and it becomes a part of people’s day-to-day lives. Products, and especially what they convey through their packaging, are becoming an increasingly important resource for companies.
Our Postgraduate Course in Packaging Design and Omnichannel Activation puts forward a training programme that combines theory with practice while tackling strategy, trends—taking into account their impact on digital businesses and media—, creative thinking and graphic design in order to lay solid foundations that will allow designers to design the packaging of the future.
By combining it with the Postgraduate Course in Structural and Sustainable Packaging Design, students can obtain the Master’s Degree in Packaging Strategy and Design. A training package devised to enable students to acquire the specific knowledge of the discipline and allow them to participate in the strategy, creation and management process inherent to comprehensive packaging design.
To transform designers into specialists in packaging strategy and the creation process for applied graphics and omnichannel activation. Starting with research and strategic decision-making and moving on to conceptualisation, graphic representation and activation in the key contact points with both online and offline audiences.
After completing the Postgraduate Course in Packaging Design and Omnichannel Activation, students will have acquired:
- Management skills for packaging design projects.
- The necessary abilities to apply and integrate the acquired packaging design knowledge to the development of creative projects.
- The necessary knowledge to apply creative tools to design packaging that is able to compete in the market at a professional level.
- The skills to develop research, strategic decision-making and conceptualisation processes that will facilitate optimal integration into interdisciplinary work teams.
- Familiarity with the use of specific graphic design software to convey developed concepts in a powerful manner.
Module 1: Packaging strategy and management Module 2: The future of packaging Module 3: Technical and creative tools Module 4: Projects
Module 1: Packaging strategy and management
- Brand strategy and experience applied to packaging
- The creative process of packaging design
- Sales and activation channels for packaging in all types of online and offline points of sale
- Team leadership and management
Module 2: The future of packaging
- Research and trends of consumers and packaging
- The role of packaging in the digital environment
- Future scenarios for packaging
- Design-thinking methodologies applied to packaging design
Module 3: Technical and creative tools
- Photoshop and Illustrator applied to packaging design
- Art Direction
- Materials and finishes
- Final arts
- Augmented reality applied to packaging
Module 4: Projects
- Packaging for mass-consumption food
- Packaging for premium cosmetics
- Packaging for technology unboxing
- Experimental packaging
Enric Batlle Coordinator
Creative Director / CEO Batllegroup
Coordinator of the Master’s Degree in Branding and Packaging
Anna Muni Coordinator
Head of Strategy and Innovation en Batllegroup
Technological coaching for graphic design
Jordi Oliver i Solà
PhD in Environmental Sciences
Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts
Director and photographer
Carlos Galán Rubio
Graphic and Digital Designer
Designer and Art Director
Degree in Advertising and Public Relations
Head of Strategy and Innovation en Batllegroup
- Branding and packaging agencies
- Industrial design studios
- Companies that manage brands and products and/or have in-house design development, be they manufacturing or distribution companies.
- Studios working with creative teams
Total cost of the course: 4.380 €
BAU, Design College of Barcelona offers different terms of payment:
- Single payment: attracts a 3% discount
- Part payment, in three installments:
- 1st payment consisting of 40 % of the fees on enrollment
- 2nd payment consisting of 30% of the fees before November 5th
- 3rd payment consisting of 30 % of the fees before January 5th
Former students of BAU benefit from 10% discount on any of the courses. A former student of BAU is a student who, not being registered in the current academic year, has exceeded 50% of the credits for a Degree, Higher Degree in Design or the BAU Nit (BAU Evening); or 100% of the credits for any of the Master’s or Postgraduate degrees.
More information about scholarships and grants.
Send us a message and we will contact you as soon as possible.