Postgraduate degree in integral communication for fashion
Today’s fashion communication is comprehensive and multiplatform, on demand and 360º, with the customer interacting at the centre of creative and differentiating strategies. The digitalisation of the fashion industry is a reality, and global transmedia communication is its tool.
- Edition: 4th
- Teaching period: From October 2019, 16th to May 2020. Final postgraduate's project presentation: June 2020.
- Schedule: Mondays and Wednesdays from 19 h to 22 h
- Modality: On site
- Language: Spanish
- Price: 3.990 €
- Qualification: Postgraduate Degree in Integral communication for fashion awarded by the UVic-UCC.
- Credits: 30 ECTS
Integrated communication strategies have become an indispensable route for any fashion brand that is looking to connect with people in a meaningful and enduring way. By establishing an ongoing dialogue, the brand communicates its identity through values, concepts, stories, creative proposals and impactful images to create an emotional connection and practical links with its customers.
The online world will be the centre of innovation for the fashion communication of the future, the industry needs creatives who are sensitive to change, disruptive, flexible and highly informed. The fashion communication professional identifies and creates synergies between all communication tools, integrating e-commerce, a digital campaign, traditional media and new technologies to redefine the brand as a strong producer of unforgettable content.
- To impart specific knowledge applied to fashion communication and its context.
- To teach the abilities, skills and transverse knowledge required in the strategic management of digital communication in a fashion brand.
- To train versatile and competent professionals in the fields of fashion communication, digital environments and the production of content which is orientated towards branding.
This postgraduate degree is composed by 7 modules and a Final Degree Project
Module I – Fashion communication: context and resources Module II – Marketing and communication combined Module III – Digital communication: environments and strategies Module IV – Fashion Branding Module V – Creative content: multi-channel messages Module VI – Control: impact, ROI and budgets Module VII – Final Project: production and planning of communication
Module I – Fashion Communication: context and resources
Fashion communication is the fundamental axis in the fashion sector, the ability to transmit values, ideas and concepts to the consumer. The module seeks to contextualize the great map of contemporary communication, to introduce the players who participate in it, and to teach how to develop a critical view of the interchange of messages and images between fashion and society. A comprehensive tour from the origins of fashion communication and its theories to the identification of the pioneers and the current leaders in the worldwide fashion industry. The module will show the sources and resources with which to recognize a trend and its transverse cycle.
- Map of current fashion communication.
- Players in fashion communication.
- The functions of fashion communication.
- Research resources: Cross-channel coolhunting, Research to identify trends.
Module II - Marketing and communication combined
Fashion communication should be understood as a process which is related to all the phases of the development of a product or service. The future and the great challenge of marketing and all-channel communication will involve combining and effectively incorporating strategies which connect to the customer and to the company. The module delves into the existing tools of fashion communication, from the press dossier to the viral video, and how everything has to be adapted to the marketing mix, to benefit and strengthen its effectiveness. Case studies and communication briefings with their objectives will be studied in a practical manner.
- All-channel communication.
- The seven ‘P’s of the marketing mix and communication.
- Tools of fashion communication.
- Communication strategies.
- The communication briefing.
Module III – Digital Communication: environments and strategies.
The field of action in the fashion sector has changed in recent years, opening the door to all the possibilities for interconnection between the brand and the user. The module deals with methods of analysing digital environments and their functioning and impact: electronic commerce, re-defining fashion communication, and the importance of maintaining the same message in all the supports of the fashion brands, form part of any strategy of communication, as do the incorporation of branding into the strategy of the social media and the use of segmentation formulae to reach the consumers in and appropriate and efficient manner.
- E-commerce: re-defining fashion communication.
- Social Media.
- Criteria for segmentation.
- Interactive CRM.
- All-channel branding.
- Following-up and engaging with the audience.
Module IV – Fashion Branding
A brand without content is merely a company. Branding as an essential strategy in the building of significant brands is indispensable for communicating a coherent and distinct identity in a highly competitive sector. The module provides a complete view of methods by which to analyse and create brand imagery and define the guidelines and territories for brand identities in fashion, and of the use of storytelling in communication strategies and materials.
- Brand identity.
- Brand stories and storytelling.
- Brand imagery.
- The Concept Book and the Brand Manifesto.
Module V - Creative content: multi-channel messages
The creation of well-orientated and strategic content is the key to innovation in fashion communication. The traditional tools are combined with the new technologies to maintain the rhythm of the zeitgeist in the fashion cycles. The module deals with methods of identifying and constructing relevant content and its different applications as branded content and ‘advertorials’, and also external communication and institutional messages. The module also deals in detail with rules and tones of communication, and with the importance of key words in fashion brands.
- How to create content which is relevant to fashion brands.
- Content typology.
- Brand identity: distinguishing values and benchmarking.
- Rules for messages and tone of communication.
- Publishing and messages: key words – themes.
Module VI – Control: impact, ROI and budgets
The first step in adequate planning for communication is the management of the financial resources, of what can be covered with them, and of the return on the investment. The module delves into the methods of measuring the effectiveness of multi-platform campaigns, the translation of the impact of the image into quantitative data, and the profitability of the communicative actions. Budgetary control and strategic vision combined with creativity and content.
- The control of budgets in comprehensive communication.
- The impact on on-line strategies.
- Methods and criteria of audience measurement.
- ROI in multi-platform campaigns.
Module VII – Final Project: production and planning of communication.
Actual performance in communication is the only viable way of applying all the knowledge acquired during the course. The module is based on the production and planning of a campaign of comprehensive fashion communication starting from creativity in the concept, the objectives and the selection of the tools. Students will be able to work on a real project in which they will develop content and audiovisual production and will plan an innovative strategy which improves the communication of the brand in question. A profile which is both creative and executive is essential for successful integration in fashion communication.
- Creative brainstorming.
- Campaign objectives and seasonality.
- Calendar of activity and rôles assigned.
- The budget and the co-ordination of tools.
- The production of supporting material (pictures, videos, texts).
- The presentation pitch and the sale of an idea.
Fernando Aguileta Coordinator
Bachelor's Degree in Communication
Coordinator of Postgraduate degree in integral communication for fashion
Bachelor's Degree in ADE
PhD in Communication
Bachelor's Degree in Advertising and Public Relations
Bachelor's Degree in journalism
- Communication Manager.
- Social Media Strategist.
- Community Manager.
- Specialized fashion writers.
- On-line creative copy.
- Content managers.
- Producers and managers of communication.
Total cost of the course: 3.990 €
BAU, Design College of Barcelona offers different terms of payment:
- Single payment: attracts a 3% discount
- Part payment, in three installments:
- 1st payment consisting of 40 % of the fees on enrollment
- 2nd payment consisting of 30% of the fees before November 5th
- 3rd payment consisting of 30 % of the fees before January 5th
Former students of BAU benefit from 10% discount on any of the courses. A former student of BAU is a student who, not being registered in the current academic year, has exceeded 50% of the credits for a Degree, Higher Degree in Design or the BAU Nit (BAU Evening); or 100% of the credits for any of the Master’s or Postgraduate degrees.
More information about scholarships and grants.
Send us a message and we will contact you as soon as possible.