- Edition: 9th
- Teaching period: From October 16th, 2019 to May 2020. Final postgraduate's project presentation: June 2020.
- Schedule: Monday and Wednesday from 19 to 22 h
- Modality: On site
- Language: Spanish
- Price: 4.290 €
- Qualification: Postgraduate Degree in Design management awarded by UVic-UCC
- Credits: 30 ECTS
In this postgraduate will emphasize the strategic and management aspects that lead to business success, as well as the skills needed to respond innovatively to the transformation of organizational models and project management.
- To acquire management tools and knowledge that will enable them to gain this new perspective on their profession.
- To understand what is required when starting a new business.
- To acquire the language of business.
- To have the tools for developing the management skills of efficiently leading/coordinating teams.
- To acquire the communication skills needed to collaborate with interdisciplinary teams.
- To learn to detect business opportunities outside the specific field of design.
- To be given the required tools they need in order to become the integrating component between the project/task to be developed and the company as a whole.
This postgraduate course is divided into 4 modules, the fourth being the development of a Final Research Project.
The course starts with Module I (more strategic), then it alternates between the more definite, specific contents of the modules (Modules II and III). Each of the modules will be developed throughout the course in an organised way to combine theory and practice in parallel.
From time to time, lectures from specialists in key and extremely topical issues will be organised, as well as visits to complete the postgraduate training.
Module I - Corporate design and strategies Module II – Design and management tools Module III - Managerial skills Module IV - Final project
Module I - Corporate design and strategies
In this module students will learn corporate strategies in order to incorporate design management aspects into companies’ global goals.
Students will also be introduced to the new paradigm that ‘design thinking’ provides, as well as to the importance of innovation as the catalyst of change management processes and the organic growth of companies.
- Corporate strategies as a key factor. What it is, how it is formulated and what it is for.
- Strategy representation: the business model.
- Marketing and communication.
- Innovation and introduction to ‘design thinking’.
Module II - Design and management tools
The goal of this module is to delve into the operational aspects of corporate management (project management, tools for decision, etc.) so the students can share and comprehend the goals, functions and processes that are carried out in other areas of the company and how they interrelate with the function of design.
The students will also study specific design management aspects such as, for example, copyright.
- Corporate management: the company’s plan.
- Economic and financial management.
- Project management.
- Management of industrial and intellectual property.
- The application of ROI to the design processes and the making of decisions.
Module III - Managerial skills
The goal of this module is to provide students with the basic managerial skills to be good managers and to give them the tools to develop and strengthen those skills. The students will reflect on the importance of managing people and on the personal effort that this involves for the manager.
An efficient time and change management, being able to minimize stress factors and being able to motivate a team and achieve good group cohesion are key aspects for the company to be competitive and efficient.
- Team management in the new organizational environments.
- Leadership and change management.
- Communication skills.
- Personal branding management.
Module IV - Final project
In this module the students will have to develop a project, proposed by themselves or by a teacher, in which design and management interrelate.
Mercè Jané Coordinator
Bachelor's in Business Studies with an MBA
Coordinator of Graduate Design Management
Design Thinker Certified by Darden (University of Virginia- USA)
Bachelor's in Business Studies with an MBA
Bachelor's Degree in Physics
PhD in Telecommunications Engineering
Bachelor's Degree in Journalism
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
- Corporate and design studio managers. Responsible for strategic design. External consultancy in design and innovation. Design managers, in all its disciplines. Innovation managers. Independent designers and entrepreneurs.
- In businesses and institutions, positions of responsibility associated with:
- Brand management, Product lines, Art and creative departments in advertising agencies.
- Design departments of companies.
- Image and / or communication.
- Architectural and Industrial Engineering companies.
Total cost of the course: 4.290 €
BAU, Design College of Barcelona offers different terms of payment:
- Single payment: attracts a 3% discount
- Part payment, in three installments:
- 1st payment consisting of 40 % of the fees on enrollment
- 2nd payment consisting of 30% of the fees before November 5th
- 3rd payment consisting of 30 % of the fees before January 5th
Former students of BAU benefit from 10% discount on any of the courses. A former student of BAU is a student who, not being registered in the current academic year, has exceeded 50% of the credits for a Degree, Higher Degree in Design or the BAU Nit (BAU Evening); or 100% of the credits for any of the Master’s or Postgraduate degrees.
More information about scholarships and grants.
Send us a message and we will contact you as soon as possible.