YOU ARE ABOUT TO START THE PRE-ENROLMENT PROCESS. READ ALL THE STEPS CAREFULLY AND ACCEPT THE CONDITIONS OF THE PRE-ENROLMENT PROCESS.
Enrolment process for a master’s or postgraduate degree
Step 1: Pre-enrolment and Admission
Pre-enrolment costs €50, which goes towards matriculation and will be deducted as soon as the latter is formalised. It will only be returned if admission is denied.
To begin the pre-enrolment, fill in the form (indicating your name as shown on your identification document or passport), read and accept the “terms and conditions”, and attach the following files (which must be at hand):
- Copy of a current identity document on both sides (Spanish students) or passport or CID (foreign students), in PDF format and no larger than 2MB.
- Curriculum vitae, in PDF format and no larger than 5MB.
- Book or Portfolio of projects, in PDF format and no larger than 10MB or a link to the book.
Confirm your pre-enrolment at the bottom of the application and make the payment of €50 on line. If you complete your pre-enrolment correctly, you will receive an email confirming receipt of your application.
We will inform you by email of the result of your admission request issued by the Coordination Department within approximately 5 working days:
- If you are admitted, we will reserve a place for you for 10 calendar days so that you can formalize your enrolment.
- If you are not admitted, we shall return the €50 which you paid for pre-enrolment.
Step 2: Enrolment
To formalize your enrolment, make the corresponding payment and send a copy of the payment receipt to email@example.com. We will send you a copy of the registration form in the following few days, by email.
Students from non-EU countries will also receive an admission letter, which is necessary for the processing of their student visa.
Enrolment fees are subject to the internal regulations of each centre: Specific regulations relating to Masters and Postgraduate degrees of BAU (Spanish version)
Step 3: Demonstrating previous university qualifications
After completing the enrolment process and in order for you to qualify for a corresponding Master’s or Postgraduate Degree qualification, you must personally submit 2 certified original copies of each of the following academic documents to the secretary’s office at the BAU before the 30th October 2020.
If you prefer, you may present original documents accompanied by two photocopies of each document; certified copies of your documents will be made in the BAU’s secretariat.
It will not be necessary to certify documents with electronic signatures, and which bear an electronic verification code on each page.
Photocopies without their corresponding original or scanned documents and/or documents sent by electronic mail will not be accepted for certification.
IMPORTANT: If you have university qualifications but fail to provide the requested documentation to the secretary’s office at the BAU before the established deadline, will be given a Certificate of Specialization.
See below the documentation that you must submit:
Students with university qualifications from a Spanish university
Students who hold an EEES university degree (at least 180 ECTS credits) or a degree obtained prior to the implementation of the EEES (at least 3 academic years: degree, diploma, engineering degree, architecture degree…).
- University degree or provisional certificate issued by the school confirming that you have requested the degree certificate and paid the fees for its issue.
- Personal Academic Certificate of the degree sealed and signed by the centre where you studied and stating the subjects taken and passed, the number of hours/credits, and the grades achieved.
Students with university qualifications from foreign universities
Students holding an EEES university degree (at least 180 ECTS credits) or a qualification comparable to a degree, diploma, engineering degree or architecture degree obtained in Spain prior to the implementation of the EEES (at least 3 academic years) or a qualification comparable to an EEES university degree (equivalent to a minimum of 180 ECTS credits / 3 academic years).
- Recognized university degree or certificate issued by the school confirming that your degree certificate is in the process of being issued (legalized for university degrees of non-EU countries).
- Certificate issued by the school where you completed your studies,expressly stating whether those studies allow you to embark on a master’s or other postgraduate degree course in the country of origin.
- Personal Academic Certificate stating the subjects taken and passed, the number of hours/credits, the grades achieved, and the grading system applied (legalized for university degrees of non-EU countries).
- Certified (sworn) translations of the documents, if they have been issued in a language other than Catalan, Spanish or English.
Students with university qualifications obtained in non-EU countries:
All foreign documents (including translated documents) must be official and issued by the relevant authorities in accordance with the legal provisions in force in the relevant country. The legalization of the documents depends on the agreement entered into by Spain and the issuing country. Check http://www.uvic.cat/es/legalizacion-de-documentos to learn more about the procedure to follow when legalizing documents.
Students with no university qualifications
The Coordination department of a Master’s or Postgraduate degree may authorize access for students with no university qualifications who are able to access the course by demonstrating professional experience in the relevant field of study, or who due to personal interest or other reasons have the minimum knowledge to follow the programme.
If you are in this situation and you are admitted to the programme, once you have completed and passed the course, you will be given a Certificate of Specialization.
Terms & conditions
The provision of these courses will be subject to the enrolment of an established minimum number of students. If a course does not take place, the fees paid will be returned.
A request to withdraw will not result in the return of the enrolment fee. It will only be returned if the management of the BAU’s Design College of Barcelona decides to cancel the course or if a study visa is refused. See the terms and conditions in the Specific regulations relating to Masters and Postgraduate degrees of BAU (Spanish version).