- Edition: 7th
- Teaching period: From October 2020, 6th to June 2021. Final postgraduate's project presentation: June 2021
- Schedule: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 19:00 a 22:00.
- Modality: On site
- Language: Spanish
- Price: 4.110 €
- Qualification: Postgraduate Degree in Creation and management of fashion brands awarded by the UVic-UCC
- Credits: 30 ECTS
A brand goes much further than simply a name, a logo and a product, and fashion is a highly competitive and ever-changing business.
Creating a fashion brand requires professionals who are trained in brand management, with knowledge that extends from the complex functioning of the workings of the fashion system, business development and strategic pathways, to the pillars of branding and their practical application to the circumstances of a company.
Thanks to the internet, every fashion brand is now a global business. Creating innovative fashion brands and identifying business opportunities are crucial elements for captivating an increasingly informed and connected audience that craves brands which not only respond to their needs, but also connect with them on an emotional level.
The customer of the future is looking for fashion brands with meaning, brands that are based on values and a purpose, brands that embody an ethic and seek radical solutions to the challenges facing fashion both today and in the future.
This programme trains students in market analysis methodologies, innovation strategies and knowledge of finance, strategy and business development, as well as strategic tools, branding guidelines and the imaginary associated with creating a memorable fashion brand that can forge an emotional connection.
In addition, students will learn the steps required to create flexible multi-format product structures (drops/testing/virtual) that are tied to conceptual development, while outlining an optimal strategy for launching the brand on the market and ensuring its profitability.
This postgraduate programme is directed at fashion designers who want to create their own brand. It is also aimed at graphic designers and specialists in communication, advertising and public relations who wish to learn about business tools and creativity so that they can manage and launch a fashion brand.
The Postgraduate Degree in Creation and Management of Fashion Brands is open to all creative professionals with an entrepreneurial profile who are looking to innovate, conceptualise and manage any brand or lifestyle project and, therefore, require in-depth knowledge of how to work in the fashion industry in a practical way.
This programme forms part of the Master's Degree in Fashion Management
This Postgraduate degree is structured in 10 modules and concludes with a Final Degree Project.
Module 1 - Global vision of the Fashion sector Module 2 - Distribuction Module 3 - Market and Consumers Module 4 - Business and Innovation Module 5 - Branding Module 6 - Product Module 7 - Finances Module 8 - Marketing and Communication Module 9 - Management Module 10 - Business Plan
Module 1 – Overview of the fashion industry
Provide specific knowledge of the workings of the Fashion System.
Train to analyse the fashion environment at national and international levels.
Provide the skills necessary to innovate in the creation of a brand.
- The Fashion System and its circuits: haute couture, ready-to-wear, luxury, fast fashion.
- Analysis of the international fashion environment.
- Analysis of fashion in Spain.
- The supply chain.
- Keys to the internationalization of a brand. Analysis of markets.
- Types of innovation: product, distribution channels, customer service, production.
Module 2 – Distribution
Provide specific knowledge of the distribution of fashion products and of their calendar of fairs and showrooms.
Provide the necessary knowledge to carry out international negotiations for a brand.
- Marketing distribution channels: retail and wholesale.
- Fairs and showrooms.
- International negotiation.
Module 3 – Market and consumer
Provide specific knowledge of the fashion market and its consumer.
Provide specific knowledge to be able to plan the costs of the brand.
- Positioning and market segmentation.
- Consumer behaviour and buying habits.
- Cost Planning.
Module 4 – Business and Innovation
Provide the necessary knowledge to be able to identify business opportunities in the fashion environment.
Provide the knowledge necessary for launching innovative concepts in the fashion environment.
- How to identify business opportunities.
- Launch of an innovative concept I and II.
- The Canvas model. Strategic analysis of the business model I and II.
Module 5 – Branding
Provide the knowledge to position a brand in the market.
Provide the necessary knowledge to create a fashion brand identity.
- Positioning and brand territory I and II.
- Building the brand: values, personality, essence and archetype.
- Brand Meaning Book.
Module 6 – Product
Provide the necessary knowledge to plan and calculate production costs and margins of collections.
Provide the knowledge to produce a collection, at the levels of procurement, production and legislation.
- Planning of collections.
- Production costs and margins.
- International Outsourcing and clusters of fashion.
- Legislation and intellectual property. Types of companies.
- Calendar of production, distribution and finance I and II.
Module 7 – Finance
Provide the knowledge to know how to interpret the finances of the brand.
To provide the knowledge needed to create the financial plan for the brand.
- Basic Finance: the Profit & Loss Account.
- Basic Finance: the Balance Sheet.
- The Financial Plan for the brand.
Module 8 – Marketing and Communication
Provide the necessary knowledge about marketing and communication applied to the brand.
Provide the necessary knowledge to create the Release Plan of the brand.
- Marketing as a strategic concept.
- The communication Mix.
- Creating the Release Plan of the brand.
Module 9 – Organization
Provide the necessary knowledge about team management and creativity.
Provide the necessary skills to prepare a business’s organization chart.
- Organizations, communication and teamwork.
- Management of creativity.
- Areas of business and departments.
- The organization chart I and II.
Module 10 – Business Plan
Provide the expertise necessary to prepare a Business Plan.
Provide the ability to perform an Elevator Pitch.
- The Business Plan.
- Development of the Business Plan.
- The Elevator Pitch.
Inma Urrea Coordinator
PhD in Communication
Postgraduate Coordinator in Fashion Brand Creation and Management
Bachelor's Degree in Psychology of Organizations
Bachelor's Degree in Communication
Bachelor's in Business Studies with an MBA
Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations
Bachelor's Degree in Law from the University of Milan
Bachelor's Degree in Business Studies and Telecommunications
- Fashion designers and / or entrepreneurs who want to create their own brand.
- Brand Managers.
- Product Managers.
- Marketing Managers.
- Communication Managers.
Total cost of the course: 4.110 €
BAU, Design College of Barcelona offers different terms of payment:
- Single payment: attracts a 3% discount
- Part payment, in three installments:
- 1st payment consisting of 40 % of the fees on enrollment
- 2nd payment consisting of 30% of the fees before November 5th
- 3rd payment consisting of 30 % of the fees before January 5th
Former students of BAU benefit from 10% discount on any of the courses. A former student of BAU is a student who, not being registered in the current academic year, has exceeded 50% of the credits for a Degree, Higher Degree in Design or the BAU Nit (BAU Evening); or 100% of the credits for any of the Master’s or Postgraduate degrees.
More information about scholarships and grants.
Send us a message and we will contact you as soon as possible.