- Edition: 6th
- Teaching period: From October 2019, 15th to May 2020. Final postgraduate's project presentation: June 2020.
- Schedule: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 19 h to 22 h
- Modality: On site
- Language: Spanish
- Price: 3.990 €
- Qualification: Postgraduate Degree in Creation and management of fashion brands awarded by the UVic-UCC.
- Credits: 30 ECTS
A brand is much more than a name, a logo and a product, and fashion is a very competitive, changing business. Creating a fashion brand needs skilled professionals in brand management, with expertise ranging from the intricate workings of the Fashion System circuits to the pillars of branding and business management.
Thanks to Internet, any fashion brand is already a global business. Creating innovative brands or identifying business opportunities is essential to seduce an increasingly well-informed, connected audience which demands brands that meet their needs.
- Provide specific knowledge applied to the Fashion System .
- Provide skills, competencies and transversal skills that integrate the latest trends in branding 3.0 for branding .
- Train versatile and competent professionals in the field of creation and management of fashion brands with strategic vision, able to develop the brand in the organization with an international vision professionals.
This Postgraduate degree is structured in 10 modules and concludes with a Final Degree Project.
Module I - Global vision of the Fashion sector Module II - Distribuction Module III - Market and Consumers Module IV - Business and Innovation Module V - Branding Module VI - Product Module VII - Finances Module VIII - Marketing and Communication Module IX - Management Module X - Business Plan
Module I - Overview of the fashion industry
Provide specific knowledge of the workings of the Fashion System.
Train to analyse the fashion environment at national and international levels.
Provide the skills necessary to innovate in the creation of a brand.
- The Fashion System and its circuits: haute couture, ready-to-wear, luxury, fast fashion.
- Analysis of the international fashion environment.
- Analysis of fashion in Spain.
- The supply chain.
- Keys to the internationalization of a brand. Analysis of markets.
- Types of innovation: product, distribution channels, customer service, production.
Module II - Distribution
Provide specific knowledge of the distribution of fashion products and of their calendar of fairs and showrooms.
Provide the necessary knowledge to carry out international negotiations for a brand.
- Marketing distribution channels: retail and wholesale.
- Fairs and showrooms.
- International negotiation.
Module III - Market and consumer
Provide specific knowledge of the fashion market and its consumer.
Provide specific knowledge to be able to plan the costs of the brand.
- Positioning and market segmentation.
- Consumer behaviour and buying habits.
- Cost Planning.
Module IV - Business and Innovation
Provide the necessary knowledge to be able to identify business opportunities in the fashion environment.
Provide the knowledge necessary for launching innovative concepts in the fashion environment.
- How to identify business opportunities.
- Launch of an innovative concept I and II.
- The Canvas model. Strategic analysis of the business model I and II.
Module V - Branding
Provide the knowledge to position a brand in the market.
Provide the necessary knowledge to create a fashion brand identity.
- Positioning and brand territory I and II.
- Building the brand: values, personality, essence and archetype.
- Brand Meaning Book.
Module VI - Product
Provide the necessary knowledge to plan and calculate production costs and margins of collections.
Provide the knowledge to produce a collection, at the levels of procurement, production and legislation.
- Planning of collections.
- Production costs and margins.
- International Outsourcing and clusters of fashion.
- Legislation and intellectual property. Types of companies.
- Calendar of production, distribution and finance I and II.
Module VII - Finance
Provide the knowledge to know how to interpret the finances of the brand.
To provide the knowledge needed to create the financial plan for the brand.
- Basic Finance: the Profit & Loss Account.
- Basic Finance: the Balance Sheet.
- The Financial Plan for the brand.
Module VIII - Marketing and Communication
Provide the necessary knowledge about marketing and communication applied to the brand.
Provide the necessary knowledge to create the Release Plan of the brand.
- Marketing as a strategic concept.
- The communication Mix.
- Creating the Release Plan of the brand.
Module IX - Organization
Provide the necessary knowledge about team management and creativity.
Provide the necessary skills to prepare a business’s organization chart.
- Organizations, communication and teamwork.
- Management of creativity.
- Areas of business and departments.
- The organization chart I and II.
Module X - Business Plan
Provide the expertise necessary to prepare a Business Plan.
Provide the ability to perform an Elevator Pitch.
- The Business Plan.
- Development of the Business Plan.
- The Elevator Pitch.
- Fashion designers and / or entrepreneurs who want to create their own brand.
- Brand Managers.
- Product Managers.
- Marketing Managers.
- Communication Managers.
Inma Urrea Coordinator
PhD in Communication
Postgraduate Coordinator in Fashion Brand Creation and Management
Bachelor's Degree in Psychology of Organizations
Bachelor's Degree in Communication
Bachelor's in Business Studies with an MBA
Bachelor's Degree in Journalism and MBA
Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations
Bachelor's Degree in Law from the University of Milan
Bachelor's Degree in Business Studies and Telecommunications
Total cost of the course: 3.990 €
BAU, Design College of Barcelona offers different terms of payment:
- Single payment: attracts a 3% discount
- Part payment, in three installments:
- 1st payment consisting of 40 % of the fees on enrollment
- 2nd payment consisting of 30% of the fees before November 5th
- 3rd payment consisting of 30 % of the fees before January 5th
Former students of BAU benefit from 10% discount on any of the courses. A former student of BAU is a student who, not being registered in the current academic year, has exceeded 50% of the credits for a Degree, Higher Degree in Design or the BAU Nit (BAU Evening); or 100% of the credits for any of the Master’s or Postgraduate degrees.
More information about scholarships and grants.
Send us a message and we will contact you as soon as possible.