- Edition: 3rd
- Teaching period: From October 2021 to June 2022. Final postgraduate's project presentation: June 2022
- Schedule: Tuesday and Thursday from 18:00 to 21:00
- Modality: On-site
- Language: English
- Price: 4.290 €
- Qualification: Postgraduate Degree in Communication and Digital Contents Creation awarded by the UVic-UCC
- Credits: 30 ECTS
The Postgraduate degree in communication and digital contents creation trains entrepreneurs who want to bring their creative ideas to life while consistently and successfully conveying the brand values of their products and/or services within the digital environment.
The programme is aimed at all design, advertising, communication and marketing professionals, or entrepreneurs who wish to develop the vision, knowledge, tools and strategies required to communicate their brand values online.
The programme is comprised of five modules. The first is dedicated to branding and involves working on and developing a brand as a real project within the syllabus. The digital communication module covers the strategies and techniques required for proper communication and management of a brand and its operational values in a fully digital environment. The third module focuses on digital marketing, which is crucial for enabling the brand’s communication plan and digital investment to be analysed with metrics. This will prove very useful for decision making and potential corrections to the business plan based on communication. The fourth module revolves around entrepreneurship and the importance of user experience in relation to the brand. The programme concludes with a final project which will include guidance from the teaching staff.
Module 1 – Branding Module 2 – Digital communication Module 3 – Digital marketing Module 4 – Entrepreneurship and digital coaching Module 5 – Final Project
Module 1 – Branding
This initial strategic and project-based module will encompass the essential concepts for creating brands that are consistent with their values and positioning in the market. It will cover creating a brand from the ground up as well as reworking an existing one. At the end of the module, students will work on various brand materials such as the brand book or style guide, which are vital to the development of a suitable communication plan.
- Brand positioning. Fundamentals of brand strategies.
- Brand values. Brand content.
- Brand naming, brand identity, brand image, brand mission, brand vision and brand equity. Brand communication.
- Brand storytelling and brand experience. User experience.
- Brand management. Communication strategies.
- Digital branding workshop. Innovation and creativity.
Module 2 – Digital communication
A module that will guide students through the creation, implementation and management of digital communication for the brand that was created in the previous module, placing the emphasis on the updating of brand content based on brand strategies. Management of this digital communication plan will also be covered so it will be virtually ready for its final implementation alongside the digital marketing plan.
- Culture and digital narrative. Online status.
- Content generation. Lifestyle and consumer brands.
- Online reputation. Brand and social media.
- Social networks and influencers. Engagement.
- Media strategy. Communication planning.
- Management tools. Management.
Module 3 – Digital marketing
This digital marketing-focused module will cover the tools and metrics required to enable digital communication strategies and actions to be assessed, while always taking the fundamental values of the brand into consideration. For the purpose of acquiring digital influence in the increasingly demanding world of e-commerce, digital marketing activities linked to social media communication actions will also be addressed. This module’s significance lies in the information the digital environment provides through data metrics and analytics which can prove invaluable for correcting a communication or business plan, and also for restructuring these plans.
- Social media and digital media advertising strategy.
- Influencer marketing. Digital brand ambassadors.
- New digital trends. Video, mobile and others. Inbound.
- Search engines: SEO, SEM, SMO and ROI.
- Investment costs: CPC, CPM, CPL and CPA.
- Management and metrics. Digital budgets. Marketing planning.
Module 4 – Entrepreneurship and digital coaching
With the aim of boosting the students’ entrepreneurial profile, in this module the basic concepts of digital business will be delivered and the current landscape of e-commerce will be discussed. User experience will also be addressed through an analysis of the various digital communication and online sales platforms; three case studies from different digital companies will also be introduced.
- Business model and digital transformation.
- E-business. Target and scope.
- UX. Customer experience. Emotional intelligence.
- Digital platforms. The evolution of media.
- Company case studies. Three digital business models.
- Digital plan. Implementation.
Module 5 – Final project
This module focuses on master classes, guidance and personalised tutoring from the teaching staff of the branding, digital communication and digital marketing modules and the programme coordinator. Mock presentations of the final project before the panel will also be carried out.
- To develope a digital communication plan for the pre-existing or newly created brand of a product and/or service business. Execution and actual implementation of this plan in a digital environment.
Jordi Álvarez Coordinator
Digital Communication & Branding
Coordinator & Teacher on the Postgraduate Degree in Communication and Digital Contents Creation
Graphic Designer. Digital Branding.
Senior UX/UI designer
Influencer. Social Media Strategist & Content Creator
Digital Coach & Bussiness Developement
Creative Director. Storytelling.
Creative & Strategy Consultant
Diseñador UX & Adobe XDI
Storytelling & Copywriting
Design Thinking & Brand Strategy
- Brand, product and/or services entrepreneurs.
- Designers interested in communication and new businesses.
- Communication professionals.
- Marketing professionals.
- Advertising professionals.
- Digital communicators and community managers.
- Digital content managers.
Total cost of the course: 4.290 €
BAU, Design College of Barcelona offers different terms of payment:
- Single payment: attracts a 3% discount
- Part payment, in three installments:
- 1st payment consisting of 40 % of the fees on enrollment
- 2nd payment consisting of 30% of the fees before November 5th
- 3rd payment consisting of 30 % of the fees before January 5th
Former students of BAU benefit from 10% discount on any of the courses. A former student of BAU is a student who, not being registered in the current academic year, has exceeded 50% of the credits for a Degree, Higher Degree in Design or the BAU Nit (BAU Evening); or 100% of the credits for any of the Master’s or Postgraduate degrees.
More information about scholarships and grants.
Download the brochure
Enter your details and we will send you an email with the Postgraduate Degree in Communication and Digital Contents Creation brochure.