- Edition: 1st
- Teaching period: From March, 15th, to July 2021
- Schedule: -.
- Modality: Online
- Language: Spanish
- Price: 2.655 €
- Qualification: Postgraduate Degree in BIM Project Management awarded by the UVic-UCC
- Credits: 30 ECTS
BIM Project Management incorporates the knowledge and interdisciplinary tools that enable organised and coordinated interaction between all those involved (professionals, materials and people), thereby interlinking networks of knowledge and networks of practices.
The Postgraduate Degree in BIM Project Management provides the skills to lead multidisciplinary teams and coordinate projects that are essential in the professional arena, while responding to sustainability criteria in the development of space design.
The postgraduate degree is based on the role of the PMP (Project Management Professional) as it applies to BIM and the Design of Sustainable Spaces, providing a response to the professional scenario with active participation from the various actors, materials, processes and impacts required by individuals who lead processes and perform information management. Furthermore, it provides cross-disciplinary training that equips designers with tools to manage and coordinate the material, technical and social processes that are involved in BIM projects for the design of sustainable spaces.
The postgraduate degree employs a virtual training methodology developed by professionals who are experts in new learning systems. This educational system is based on innovation for change and enables the theoretical and practical study of analysis and research that is shared from all over the world, 24 hours a day. In a complementary way, it is planned to teach some workshops with streaming broadcast.
The programme provides the required expertise to pass the exams and acquire the PMP (Project Management Professional) certificates awarded by the Project Management Institute (PMI) as per the PMBOK guide.
The sector’s most innovative software in terms of managing and directing projects and companies will be used based on sustainability criteria. Planning concepts will be developed according to a methodology involving design thinking, circular economy, collaborative processes and sustainability in companies, among other elements.
Students will have the opportunity to review and access the scientific journals from the Project Management and Sustainability sector included in the JCR (Journal Citation Reports) quality indicator.
Likewise, during the postgraduate degree, students will complete cross-disciplinary and research internships with the goal of providing a professional exercise within the sector that will further their professional careers. Moreover, if they so desire, students can become part of the work exchange and receive interesting offers.
Module 1 - BIM and LEAN. Sustainable management of space design Module 2 - Sustainable strategic definition and planning of BIM Module 3 - Collaborative methodologies for the design of spaces in BIM Module 4 - Leading a company in the BIM environment Module 5 - Innovation in marketing and communication in space design Module 6 - Postgraduate Final Project
Module 1 - BIM and LEAN. Sustainable management of space design
BIM and LEAN are redesigning the way we consider and analyse improving construction processes, optimising the system and the project as a whole. Project Management employs real data applied using scientific methods to tackle all the stages and procedures involved in the development of a project. Sustainability in space design is addressed both from the material, ethical and social components and its application through BIM.
- Sustainable management in space design.
- Sustainable strategic definition in project coordination (stakeholder management).
- LEAN BIM construction, work methodology and tools. The ISO 19650 standard in space design.
Module 2 - Sustainable strategic definition and planning of BIM
As an agent of social and business transformation, the designer defines the strategy for the management of space design projects through collaborative projects in the circular economy. The module is structured around learning about project management by understanding and applying the different phases of analysis of the strategy for planning and coordinating a space design project with integrated management of the various phases of the project, the scheduling, and the management of the work teams. All measurements are coordinated and planned through BIM and budgets are calculated for subsequent accurate evaluation of the projects.
- Systems thinking and change management. Planning and management platforms. Risk management.
- BIM coordination and sustainable design. BIM AsBuilt. Validation models and model preparation.
- Circular economy applied to collaborative projects. Cost management and investment analysis.
- BIM planning of measurement and budgets.
Module 3 - Collaborative methodologies for the design of spaces in BIM
Management will be taught through management and research methodologies for developing projects in BIM; from financial evaluation (quantitative and qualitative research methods), cost management and the analysis of investments in the circular economy applied to collaborative projects, to the management of multidisciplinary projects with agile methodologies for space design projects and their proper subsequent inclusion in the projects. Instrumental, strategic, technical and human knowledge will be acquired, establishing a new more efficient and sustainable way of working.
- Collaborative methodologies in BIM. Methodologies and research for the development of projects with Design Thinking.
- Agile Project Management. Scrum.
- Coordination and planning in multidisciplinary teams. Design for all. Design and coordination of teams (BIM 360). BIM and collaborative projects. BIM Execution Plan (BEP).
Module 4 - Leading a company in the BIM environment
The biggest challenge of the 20th century is sustainable company management as a leadership skill based on the new standards of user-centric business models from User-Centred Design (UCD). Students will learn how to coordinate collaborative teams by defining the affected areas within the company in an effort to understand how to manage projects involving both small and large work teams through a BIM environment. New business processes will be covered as a catalyst of innovation, while considering ethical and CSR procedures.
- Leadership skills in CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) sustainable business management.
- Management and leadership of a company and projects in the BIM environment (PMBok. PMP certification).
- Lean startup. New business models. UCD (User-Centred Design).
- Financial assessment of projects. IPD (Integrated Project Delivery).
Module 5 - Innovation in marketing and communication in space design
Students will work on methods of compiling, analysing and interpreting data to carry out, through different marketing and communication systems, space design projects that will help them to promote themselves to clients and companies. Mechanisms of experiential marketing and community life will be implemented with a view towards the ethical and responsible use of marketing and communication.
- Context, ecosystem and market analysis.
- Creative communication in space design. Branding.
- Strategic marketing.
- Smart thinking to address projects and businesses.
Module 6 - Postgraduate Final Project
Development of a final postgraduate project (the follow-up and development of the transversal practice of the postgraduate course itself or the development of a new topic may be carried out).
The teaching methodology of the ONLINE Postgraduate combines the theoretical-practical analysis study with virtual methodological systems adapted to students and based on shared and active interaction.
- Virtual online platform with access 24 hours a day worldwide
- SCORM learning methodology
- Access from any computer device
- Tutor and personalized follow-up tutorials
- Possibility of academic and calendar adaptation
- Weekly live online classes
- E-Learning videos
- Virtual conferences with invited experts and specialists
- Individual and collaborative practices
- Self-learning test
- Final project of professional development or research
- Face-to-face and streaming workshops
- Space for shared debate between students and teachers
- Virtual library with books, publications and reports
- Access to scientific journals and technological innovation in the sector
- Current news
- LAB space, with support resources and training software
- Open Classroom, with access to the platform two months after the postgraduate
Antoni Fonseca Coordinator
Doctor Arquitecto. Sistemas de Optimización BIM, Sostenibilidad y Gestión de Proyectos.
Núria Nofrarias Coordinator
Diseñadora, experta en diseño centrado en las personas.
Arquitecta, especialista en Gestión de Proyectos y Sostenibilidad
Técnico Superior en desarrollo de proyectos mecánicos.
PhD in Architecture. Specialist in performative design and digital manufacturing.
Luis A. Álvarez
Arquitecto técnico. Gestión de proyectos con construcción.
Arquitecto técnico. Consultor, Coordinador e Instructor en BIM.
- Coordinating, managing and directing projects while considering not only economic criteria but also the environmental and social impact
- Professions in the design and sustainability field
- Technicians in the space design planning and coordination sector
- Companies, work teams and managers dedicated to management and innovation
- Specialist in the coordination of architectural, interior, space and landscape projects
- Creatives involved in new design processes
- Related professions in process management and coordination
- Professionals who intend to autonomously manage and coordinate space design projects
Total cost of the course: 2.655 €
BAU, Design College of Barcelona offers different terms of payment:
- Single payment: attracts a 3% discount
- Part payment, in three installments:
- 1st payment consisting of 40%
- 2nd payment consisting of 30%
- 3rd payment consisting of 30%
Former students of BAU benefit from 10% discount on any of the courses, except in case of having completed and achieved the Postgraduate Degree in BIM Project Management and formalizing the enrollment in the Postgraduate Degree in BIM for Sustainable Spaces. A former student of BAU is a student who, not being registered in the current academic year, has exceeded 50% of the credits for a Degree, Higher Degree in Design or the BAU Nit (BAU Evening); or 100% of the credits for any of the Master’s or Postgraduate degrees.
Download the brochure
Enter your details and we will send you an email with the Postgraduate Degree in BIM Project Management brochure.