- Edition: 2nd
- Teaching period: From March 15th to July 2021
- Schedule: Online
- Modality: Online
- Language: Spanish
- Price: 2.655 €
- Qualification: Postgraduate Degree in BIM in Sustainable Spaces Design awarded by the UVic-UCC
- Credits: 30 ECTS
The concept of sustainability in design includes three dimensions simultaneously: environmental sustainability (energy and matter), social sustainability (people and medium) and economic sustainability (material economies and social economies).
The Postgraduate Degree in BIM for Sustainable Spaces, unique within its speciality, is based on the application of the practice of BIM to the Design of Sustainable Spaces, and offers an opportunity to gather together, simultaneously and by means of a single, complex database, all the stages of design processes.
BIM (Building Information Modelling) is a digital tool whose basic purpose is to give an articulate response to a complex approach to all the processes, stages and agents that participate in building processes: design, materialisation, use and demolition / recycling. BIM is, in addition, a methodology which enables one to operate in a multidisciplinary manner, via the internet and in real time, while taking account of the criteria of sustainability.
The course gives transversal, innovative training which provides designers with tools for the management and co-ordination of the material, technical and social processes which operate in BIM projects for the design of sustainable spaces. The programme thus provides the expertise required to pass the exams and acquire the PMP (Project Management Professional) Certificate awarded by the Project Management Institute (PMI), as described in the PMBOK guide.
The postgraduate degree employs a virtual training methodology developed by professionals who are experts in new learning systems. This educational system is based on innovation for change and enables the theoretical and practical study of analysis and research that is shared from all over the world, 24 hours a day. In a complementary way, it is planned to teach some workshops with streaming broadcast.
During the course, the most innovative software in the sector will be used in the management and orientation of projects and businesses, based on the criteria of sustainability. Work will be done on the concepts of planning by means of design thinking, the circular economy, collaborative processes and sustainability in the company, among other methodologies.
Students will have the opportunity to review and consult the scientific journals from the PM and Sustainability sector included in the JCR (Journal Citation Reports) quality indicator. They will also do transversal practical and research work, intended as professional practice for them, and, if they wish, they will be able to take part in the employment exchange, and receive interesting offers from the sector.
The Postgraduate Degree in BIM for Sustainable Spaces is aimed at companies involved in the design of spaces, architecture, interior design, temporary architecture and landscaping; creative people working in the field of sustainable design; R&D departments focusing on product design; researchers in the design of sustainable spaces; project managers; consulting and/or engineering firms; manager-co-ordinators of collaborative projects; and teachers in the fields of design, BIM and sustainability. It is intended for architects, interior designers, designers, engineers and landscape designers.
Module 1 - BIM and the dimensions of sustainability. The creation of spaces. Module 2 - The social dimension: BIM families and original design. Module 3 - The environmental dimension: energy efficiency and BIM installations. Module 4 - The financial dimension: BIM measurements and budgets. Module 5 - Comfort and BIM virtualisation of sustainable space. Module 6 - Postgraduate Final Project
Module 1 - BIM and the dimensions of sustainability. The creation of spaces
Presentation of the BIM methodology and the related software for the design and modelling of spaces, from homes to commercial spaces both private and public, attending to the criteria and international regulations relating to sustainability (covering impacts on the environment, on the economy and on society). Presentation of levels, LODs and dimensions.
- BIM methodology and sustainability. BIM standards. ’Smart’ building
- BIM sustainability and standards of work
- Levels and dimensions. LODs. Method of work
- BIM approximation. Creation of project and definition of constructional components
Module 2 - The social dimension: BIM families and original design
There will be a demonstration of the BIM tools required for the production of the key elements in the design of spaces, taking account of the social dimension of sustainability. Direction will be provided by the application of the concepts of ergonomics and anthropometrics.
- A definition of the social dimension in BIM
- The definition and creation of families and components. Choosing materials
- The process of original design through BIM
- The export and import of designs
Module 3 - The environmental dimension: energy efficiency and BIM installations
The technical part of the system of operation of the installations, and their performance in terms of energy efficiency, will be learned through working with the software of the BIM methodology. Knowledge about environmental regulations and non-compulsory certification will be acquired.
- The environmental dimension. Regulations and definitions
- BIM installations in an Autodesk environment
- Calculation systems and energy efficiency (passive and active systems)
- National and international environmental and energy certifications
Module 4 - The economic dimension: BIM measurements and budgets
The tools needed for the development and production of BIM models in spaces will be learned. Measurements and budget of the project based on criteria of economic impact.
- Definition of the economic dimension
- Notes, styles and data
- Control of budget and sizing. Calculation of areas
- Topography and platforms
Module 5 - Comfort and BIM Virtualisation of sustainable space
Lighting will be studied (in accordance with regulations and final formalisation) using criteria of sustainable lighting for space-designing projects and using the BIM methodology. Learning about tools for visualisation and digitalisation of spaces, and use of new technologies such as AR, AV and the 3D scanner with analysis of point clouds and 3D printing.
- Interior and exterior lighting comfort (natural and artificial lighting)
- Analysis of lighting in a BIM environment
- Visualisation of the project. 3D digital image
- Digitalisation of spaces. New BIM technologies
Module 6 - Postgraduate Final Project
Development of a final postgraduate project (the follow-up and development of the transversal practice of the postgraduate course itself or the development of a new topic may be carried out).
The teaching methodology of the ONLINE Postgraduate combines the theoretical-practical analysis study with virtual methodological systems adapted to students and based on shared and active interaction.
- Virtual online platform with access 24 hours a day worldwide
- SCORM learning methodology
- Access from any computer device
- Tutor and personalized follow-up tutorials
- Possibility of academic and calendar adaptation
- Weekly live online classes
- E-Learning videos
- Virtual conferences with invited experts and specialists
- Individual and collaborative practices
- Self-learning test
- Final project of professional development or research
- Face-to-face and streaming workshops
- Space for shared debate between students and teachers
- Virtual library with books, publications and reports
- Access to scientific journals and technological innovation in the sector
- Current news
- LAB space, with support resources and training software
- Open Classroom, with access to the platform two months after the postgraduate
Antoni Fonseca Coordinator
Doctor Arquitecto. Sistemas de Optimización BIM, Sostenibilidad y Gestión de Proyectos.
Núria Nofrarias Coordinator
Diseñadora, experta en diseño centrado en las personas.
Ingeniero con un manejo extenso en la metodología BIM.
Ingeniero. Interiorista y especialista en visualización 3D de diseño de espacios
Arquitecto máster en sostenibilidad y experto BIM
Formador BIM. Autodesk Revit Architecture, GreenBuilding Analysis.
Arquitecto. Diseñador y BIM manager
Gonzalo J. Truchet
Arquitecto. Especialista en sostenibilidad y gestión y producción BIM
- Designers, especially those specialising in the design of BIM spaces (BIM Modeller).
- Professionals in the fields of design and sustainability.
- Technicians in the sector of design and development of spaces.
- Companies, work teams and directors engaged in management and innovation.
- Architects, interior designers, engineers and landscape designers.
- Creative workers.
- Graduates in Design and/or Fine Arts.
- Professionals who want to manage and co-ordinate space-design projects autonomously.
Total cost of the course: 2.655 €
BAU, Design College of Barcelona offers different terms of payment:
- Single payment: attracts a 3% discount
- Part payment, in three installments:
- 1st payment consisting of 40 % of the fees on enrollment
- 2nd payment consisting of 30% of the fees before November 5th
- 3rd payment consisting of 30 % of the fees before January 5th
Former students of BAU benefit from 10% discount on any of the courses, except in case of having completed and achieved the Postgraduate Degree in BIM for Sustainable Spaces and formalizing the enrollment in the Postgraduate Degree in BIM Project Management. A former student of BAU is a student who, not being registered in the current academic year, has exceeded 50% of the credits for a Degree, Higher Degree in Design or the BAU Nit (BAU Evening); or 100% of the credits for any of the Master’s or Postgraduate degrees.
More information about scholarships and grants.
Download the brochure
Enter your details and we will send you an email with the Postgraduate Degree in BIM for Sustainable Spaces brochure.