Master in innovation and design management
Innovation and internationalization have emerged as the key strategies in the current economic context. New ecosystems and business strategies arise in the process of the paradigm shift from product design to service design.
- Edition: 7th
- Teaching period: From October 2019, 15th to May 2020. Final master's project presentation: June 2020.
- Schedule: Monday to thursday from 19 to 22 h
- Modality: On site
- Language: Spanish
- Price: 8.220 €
- Qualification: Master's Degree in Innovation and Design Management awarded by the UVic-UCC.
- Credits: 60 ECTS
The Master in Innovation and Design Management (60 ECTS) is obtained by completing two postgraduate degrees, for 30 ECTS each. These postgraduate degrees may be completed in the same academic year, or in different years. All postgraduate courses that are part of a master's degree can be taken independently.
Master in innovation and design management
- To acquire the tools and knowledge for the management of innovation for developing innovative products, services, communications and a business model with an organizational impact.
- To learn the techniques, gain experience and develop real projects by the use of Design Thinking methodologies to design services and new business models (Business Design & Lean Start-up).
- To acquire management tools and knowledge that will enable them to gain this new perspective on their profession.
- To understand what is required when starting a new business.
- To acquire the language of business.
- To have the tools for developing the management skills of efficiently leading/coordinating teams.
- To acquire the communication skills needed to collaborate with interdisciplinary teams.
- To learn to detect business opportunities outside the specific field of design.
- To be given the required tools they need in order to become the integrating component between the project/task to be developed and the company as a whole.
Postgraduate Degree in Innovation and Design Thinking
This postgraduate course is divided into 4 modules, the fourth being the development of a Final Research Project to end the course.
Module I - Design Thinking as a paradigm of innovation Module II - Design Research for understanding the needs of our users and clients Module III - Technical ideation and conceptualisation of new products and services Module IV - Business Design and Lean Startup Module V - Final Project Study
Postgraduate Degree in Design Management
This postgraduate course is divided into 4 modules, the fourth being the development of a Final Research Project.
The course starts with Module I (more strategic), then it alternates between the more definite, specific contents of the modules (Modules II and III). Each of the modules will be developed throughout the course in an organised way to combine theory and practice in parallel.
From time to time, lectures from specialists in key and extremely topical issues will be organised, as well as visits to complete the postgraduate training.
Module I - Corporate design and strategies Module II - Design and management tools Module III - Managerial skills Module IV - Final project
- Corporate and design studio managers.
- Responsible for strategic design.
- External consultancy in design and innovation.
- Design managers, in all its disciplines.
- Innovation managers.
- Independent designers and entrepreneurs.
- In businesses and institutions, positions of responsibility associated with:
- Brand management, Product lines, Art and creative departments in advertising agencies.
- Design departments of companies.
- Image and / or communication.
- Architectural and Industrial Engineering companies.
- Innovation Manager or Consultant
- Design Researcher
- Interaction Designer
- Information Architect
- Visual Designer
- UX Prototyping
- Designer Services
- Business Designer
Total cost of the course: 8.220 €
BAU, Design College of Barcelona offers different terms of payment:
- Single payment: attracts a 3% discount
- Part payment, in three installments:
- 1st payment consisting of 40 % of the fees on enrollment
- 2nd payment consisting of 30% of the fees before November 5th
- 3rd payment consisting of 30 % of the fees before January 5th
Former students of BAU benefit from 10% discount on any of the courses. A former student of BAU is a student who, not being registered in the current academic year, has exceeded 50% of the credits for a Degree, Higher Degree in Design or the BAU Nit (BAU Evening); or 100% of the credits for any of the Master’s or Postgraduate degrees.
More information about scholarships and grants.
Send us a message and we will contact you as soon as possible.