- Edition: 4th
- Teaching period: From October 2019, 15th to May 2020. Final master's project presentation: June 2020.
- Schedule: From mondays to thursday from 19 to 22 h.
- Modality: On site
- Language: Spanish
- Price: 7.680 €
- Qualification: Master's Degree in Fashion Management awarded by the UVic-UCC.
- Credits: 60 ECTS
The Master's in Fashion Management (60 ECTS) is obtained by completing two postgraduate degrees, for 30 ECTS each. These postgraduate degrees may be completed in the same academic year, or in different years. All postgraduate courses that are part of a master's degree can be taken independently.
- To impart specific knowledge applied to fashion communication and its context.
- To teach the abilities, skills and transverse knowledge required in the strategic management of digital communication in a fashion brand.
- To train versatile and competent professionals in the fields of fashion communication, digital environments and the production of content which is orientated towards branding.
- Provide specific knowledge applied to the Fashion System .
- Provide skills, competencies and transversal skills that integrate the latest trends in branding 3.0 for branding .
- Train versatile and competent professionals in the field of creation and management of fashion brands with strategic vision, able to develop the brand in the organization with an international vision professionals.
Postgraduate Degree in Integral Communication for Fashion
This postgraduate degree is composed by 7 modules and a Final Degree Project
Module I - Fashion communication: context and resources Module II - Marketing and communication combined Module III - Digital communication: environments and strategies Module IV - Fashion Branding Module V - Creative content: multi-channel messages Module VI - Control: impact, ROI and budgets Module VII - Final Project: production and planning of communication
Postgraduate Degree in Creation and Management of Fashion Brands
This Postgraduate degree is structured in 10 modules and concludes with a Final Degree Project.
Module I - Global vision of the Fashion sector Module II - Distribuction Module III - Market and Consumers Module IV - Business and Innovation Module V - Branding Module VI - Product Module VII - Finances Module VIII - Marketing and Communication Module IX - Management Module X - Business Plan
Postgraduate degree in creation and management of fashion brands
Module I - Overview of the fashion industry
- Provide specific knowledge of the workings of the Fashion System.
- Train to analyse the fashion environment at national and international levels.
- Provide the skills necessary to innovate in the creation of a brand.
- The Fashion System and its circuits: haute couture, ready-to-wear, luxury, fast fashion.
- Analysis of the international fashion environment.
- Analysis of fashion in Spain.
- The supply chain.
- Keys to the internationalization of a brand. Analysis of markets.
- Types of innovation: product, distribution channels, customer service, production.
Module II - Distribution
- Provide specific knowledge of the distribution of fashion products and of their calendar of fairs and showrooms.
- Provide the necessary knowledge to carry out international negotiations for a brand.
- Marketing distribution channels: retail and wholesale.
- Fairs and showrooms.
- International negotiation.
Module III - Market and consumer
- Provide specific knowledge of the fashion market and its consumer.
- Provide specific knowledge to be able to plan the costs of the brand.
- Positioning and market segmentation.
- Consumer behaviour and buying habits.
- Cost Planning.
Module IV - Business and Innovation
- Provide the necessary knowledge to be able to identify business opportunities in the fashion environment
- Provide the knowledge necessary for launching innovative concepts in the fashion environment.
- How to identify business opportunities.
- Launch of an innovative concept I and II.
- The Canvas model. Strategic analysis of the business model I and II.
Module V - Branding
- Provide the knowledge to position a brand in the market.
- Provide the necessary knowledge to create a fashion brand identity.
- Positioning and brand territory I and II.
- Building the brand: values, personality, essence and archetype.
- Brand Meaning Book.
Module VI - Product
- Provide the necessary knowledge to plan and calculate production costs and margins of collections.
- Provide the knowledge to produce a collection, at the levels of procurement, production and legislation.
- Planning of collections.
- Production costs and margins.
- International Outsourcing and clusters of fashion.
- Legislation and intellectual property. Types of companies.
- Calendar of production, distribution and finance I and II.
Module VII - Finance
- Provide the knowledge to know how to interpret the finances of the brand.
- To provide the knowledge needed to create the financial plan for the brand.
- Basic Finance: the Profit & Loss Account.
- Basic Finance: the Balance Sheet.
- The Financial Plan for the brand.
Module VIII - Marketing and Communication
- Provide the necessary knowledge about marketing and communication applied to the brand.
- Provide the necessary knowledge to create the Release Plan of the brand.
- Marketing as a strategic concept.
- The communication Mix.
- Creating the Release Plan of the brand.
Module IX - Organization
- Provide the necessary knowledge about team management and creativity.
- Provide the necessary skills to prepare a business’s organization chart.
- Organizations, communication and teamwork.
- Management of creativity.
- Areas of business and departments.
- The organization chart I and II.
Module X - Business Plan
- Provide the expertise necessary to prepare a Business Plan.
- Provide the ability to perform an Elevator Pitch.
- The Business Plan.
- Development of the Business Plan.
- The Elevator Pitch.
Postgraduate degree in integral communication for fashion
Module I – Fashion Communication: context and resources
Fashion communication is the fundamental axis in the fashion sector, the ability to transmit values, ideas and concepts to the consumer. The module seeks to contextualize the great map of contemporary communication, to introduce the players who participate in it, and to teach how to develop a critical view of the interchange of messages and images between fashion and society. A comprehensive tour from the origins of fashion communication and its theories to the identification of the pioneers and the current leaders in the worldwide fashion industry. The module will show the sources and resources with which to recognize a trend and its transverse cycle.
- Map of current fashion communication.
- Players in fashion communication.
- The functions of fashion communication.
- Research resources: Cross-channel coolhunting, Research to identify trends.
Module II - Marketing and communication combined
Fashion communication should be understood as a process which is related to all the phases of the development of a product or service. The future and the great challenge of marketing and all-channel communication will involve combining and effectively incorporating strategies which connect to the customer and to the company. The module delves into the existing tools of fashion communication, from the press dossier to the viral video, and how everything has to be adapted to the marketing mix, to benefit and strengthen its effectiveness. Case studies and communication briefings with their objectives will be studied in a practical manner.
- All-channel communication.
- The seven ‘P’s of the marketing mix and communication.
- Tools of fashion communication.
- Communication strategies.
- The communication briefing.
Module III – Digital Communication: environments and strategies.
The field of action in the fashion sector has changed in recent years, opening the door to all the possibilities for interconnection between the brand and the user. The module deals with methods of analysing digital environments and their functioning and impact: electronic commerce, re-defining fashion communication, and the importance of maintaining the same message in all the supports of the fashion brands, form part of any strategy of communication, as do the incorporation of branding into the strategy of the social media and the use of segmentation formulae to reach the consumers in and appropriate and efficient manner.
- E-commerce: re-defining fashion communication.
- Social Media.
- Criteria for segmentation.
- Interactive CRM.
- All-channel branding.
- Following-up and engaging with the audience.
Module IV – Fashion Branding
A brand without content is merely a company. Branding as an essential strategy in the building of significant brands is indispensable for communicating a coherent and distinct identity in a highly competitive sector. The module provides a complete view of methods by which to analyse and create brand imagery and define the guidelines and territories for brand identities in fashion, and of the use of storytelling in communication strategies and materials.
- Brand identity.
- Brand stories and storytelling.
- Brand imagery.
- The Concept Book and the Brand Manifesto.
Module V - Creative content: multi-channel messages
The creation of well-orientated and strategic content is the key to innovation in fashion communication. The traditional tools are combined with the new technologies to maintain the rhythm of the zeitgeist in the fashion cycles. The module deals with methods of identifying and constructing relevant content and its different applications as branded content and ‘advertorials’, and also external communication and institutional messages. The module also deals in detail with rules and tones of communication, and with the importance of key words in fashion brands.
- How to create content which is relevant to fashion brands.
- Content typology.
- Brand identity: distinguishing values and benchmarking.
- Rules for messages and tone of communication.
- Publishing and messages: key words – themes.
Module VI – Control: impact, ROI and budgets
The first step in adequate planning for communication is the management of the financial resources, of what can be covered with them, and of the return on the investment. The module delves into the methods of measuring the effectiveness of multi-platform campaigns, the translation of the impact of the image into quantitative data, and the profitability of the communicative actions. Budgetary control and strategic vision combined with creativity and content.
- The control of budgets in comprehensive communication.
- The impact on on-line strategies.
- Methods and criteria of audience measurement.
- ROI in multi-platform campaigns.
Module VII – Final Project: production and planning of communication.
Actual performance in communication is the only viable way of applying all the knowledge acquired during the course. The module is based on the production and planning of a campaign of comprehensive fashion communication starting from creativity in the concept, the objectives and the selection of the tools. Students will be able to work on a real project in which they will develop content and audiovisual production and will plan an innovative strategy which improves the communication of the brand in question. A profile which is both creative and executive is essential for successful integration in fashion communication.
- Creative brainstorming.
- Campaign objectives and seasonality.
- Calendar of activity and rôles assigned.
- The budget and the co-ordination of tools.
- The production of supporting material (pictures, videos, texts).
- The presentation pitch and the sale of an idea.
Fernando Aguileta Coordinator
Bachelor's Degree in Communication
Coordinator of Postgraduate degree in integral communication for fashion
Bachelor's Degree in Psychology
Bachelor's Degree in ADE
Bachelor's Degree in Communication
Bachelor's Degree in Philosophy
PhD in Communication
Bachelor's Degree in journalism
Bachelor's in Business Studies with an MBA
- Communication Manager
- Social Media Strategist
- Community Manager
- Specialized fashion writers
- On-line creative copy
- Content managers
- Producers and managers of communication
- Fashion designers and / or entrepreneurs who want to create their own brand
- Brand Managers
- Product Managers
- Marketing Managers
Total cost of the course: 7.680 €
BAU, Design College of Barcelona offers different terms of payment:
- Single payment: attracts a 3% discount
- Part payment, in three installments:
- 1st payment consisting of 40 % of the fees on enrollment
- 2nd payment consisting of 30% of the fees before November 5th
- 3rd payment consisting of 30 % of the fees before January 5th
Former students of BAU benefit from 10% discount on any of the courses. A former student of BAU is a student who, not being registered in the current academic year, has exceeded 50% of the credits for a Degree, Higher Degree in Design or the BAU Nit (BAU Evening); or 100% of the credits for any of the Master’s or Postgraduate degrees.
More information about scholarships and grants.
Send us a message and we will contact you as soon as possible.