Master in Fashion Creative Direction and Artistic Processes
Fashion creative direction leads the construction of the conceptual universe of a brand, with its values and messages. This is done on the basis of a thorough understanding of the sector and its multiple communication channels.
- Edition: 1st
- Teaching period: from October 2022 to June 2023
- Schedule: From Monday to Thursday from 16:00 to 19:00
- Modality: on-site
- Language: Spanish
- Price: 8.260
- Duration: one academic year from October to June
- Qualification: Master’s Degree in Fashion Creative Direction and Artistic Processes, awarded by UVic-UCC
- Credits: 60
Fashion industry is currently one of the main economic, social and cultural engines of our society thanks to the impact it generates in many areas, but also because it brings together many different industries such as textile, design, communication, distribution and even retail.
Fashion industry needs professionals who master their mechanisms and own languages, trends, artistic movements and new media in order to achieve business objectives through the creation of relevant dialogues between brands and consumers.
The mission of the Master in Fashion Creative Direction and Artistic Processes is to transfer the theoretical, methodological and practical knowledge specific to the profession. It develops students' analytical skills and offers the ideal tools and processes to develop their talent in each project, with the aim to train creative, effective, critical and competitive professionals.
Creative concepts that build the fashion discourse are created through ideas from culture, art and music, as well as from the icons from the history of fashion, personal experiences, personal references and intuition.
This master's degree enables us to acquire a strong sense of image that will help us create links between different sources of inspiration and that will lead us to the projection of fashion collections and of messages and concepts that are relevant to brands and the industry.
The course is addressed to fashion designers interested in assuming creative direction functions, to designers from different backgrounds and disciplines, with or without previous studies, with interest in the fashion universe. It is also addressed to professionals and/or entrepreneurs in the sector with the need to expand their knowledge and to professionals in the field of fashion communication, photography, styling and journalism who wish to master the creation and conceptualization of the fashion product, as well as its artistic and conceptual aspects.
Module 1 - Creative Resources (15 ECTS) Module 2 - Conceptualization (15 ECTS) Module 3 - Company (10 ECTS) Module 4 - Branding and Communication (10 ECTS) Module 5 - Futuribles (5 ECTS) Module 6 - Master's Final Project (5 ECTS)
The master combines master classes with group workshops, workshops and real case studies, as well as individual and team projects.
The Master's Final Project consolidates and puts into practice all the knowledge and tools acquired during the course.
Module 1 - Creative Resources
Observing the environment: learning to recognize the constructive elements of the creative discourse.
- External sources: cultural, experiential and social trends.
- Fashion history and culture
- Fashion channel trends: reading and use
- Identification of referents
- Intuition/Inspiration. Psychology of creative arts
- Sociology of fashion as a social phenomenon. Sense of belonging and social distinction
Module 2 - Conceptualization
Specify and transform resources as the basis of a fashion collection and build the conceptual universe with the brand's personality and the values that define it.
- Concept: creation and meaning
- Moodboard: internal communication tool
- Image reading, translation and transformation of ideas, materialization and landing.
- Collection: structure
- Brand: personality and values
Module 3 - Company
Study the company as a platform for developing projects and leading multidisciplinary creative teams.
- Towards where the company of the 21st century is heading
- Formation and management of design teams
- Goals and decision making
- Production and retail
- Consciousness. Social well-being
Module 4 - Branding and Communication
Create the brand identity narrative to contact the public through chosen channels, in digital environments, social networks, events, etc.
- Brand and visual identity strategy and construction
- Social media strategies
- Art direction. Tools: shows, shootings, fashion films, etc.
- Visual merchandising. Point of sale
Module 5 - Futuribles
Learn to read, understand and foresee the future in order to prepare strategies to manage it, acquiring competitive advantages.
- Understand fashion as a tool to transform our society.
- Fashion map
- Study and recognition of the sector in the present. Observation of the competition
- Futuribles: towards where are we heading?
- Sustainability. Gender fashion. Diversity
- Online universe. Metaverse
- Technology applied to fashion
Module 6 - Master's Final Project
Designer and CEO. BA in Fine Arts.
Senior Product Designer
Clara de Nadal Trias
Digital journalist, Coolhunter and Public Speaker
PhD in Philosophy
Photographer and cultural manager
Phd in Art History
Bachelor's in Business Studies with an MBA
- Creative direction in fashion companies
- Fashion design with own collection
- Art direction in the field of communication
- Creative departments in fashion companies and design studios in general.
- Influencers and trendsetters
- Freelance artistic consultancy
Total cost of the course: 8.260 €.
The total cost includes an amount of 100 € corresponding to university fees, administrative management and mandatory insurance.
Different payment methods are offered:
- Single payment: with a 3% discount on the total cost of the course excluding fees. The 100 € of the university fees are added to the resulting amount.
- Payment in installments, in 3 different payments:
- 1st payment, which is made at the time of registration: 40% of the cost of the course excluding the fees. 100 € corresponding to the university fees are added to the remaining amount.
- 2nd payment, before November 5th: 30% of the cost of the course excluding the fees.
- 3rd payment, before January 5: 30% of the cost of the course excluding the fees.
Students and alumni of BAU who have completed at least 50% of the credits of the Bachelor's Degree, Degree in Design or Diploma in Graphic Design, or 100% of the credits of any of the Master's or Postgraduate courses, will receive a 10% discount on any of the courses.
More information on scholarships and grants.
Download the brochure
Enter your details and we will send you an email with the Master in Fashion Creative Direction and Artistic Processes brochure.