FAQ - Masters & Postgraduate Degrees

Before starting the pre-enrolment process, you may still have some doubts. Here you will find answers to some frequently asked questions. If you don't find your answer here, make an appointment or send us an email.

Pre-enrolment and Enrolment

Do I have to certify my level of knowledge of the language in which the studies are taught?

No, BAU does not require any language certification for admission to a master's degree or Bau-specific postgraduate courses. The language of instruction is specified on the course website and it is the student's responsibility to master the language. You must have the necessary oral, reading, comprehension and writing skills to make the most of the course.

Where can I find information about scholarships and grants?

You will find information about scholarships and grants in the Master's and Postgraduate Students Specialization section. For more information about scholarships and grants from external organisations, you should contact these organisations directly.

Additionally, we offer a Job Placement service for internships in companies while you are studying at BAU.

Once I have completed my enrolment, do I have to carry out any additional procedures before the start of the course?

Once you have sent us a copy of the signed enrolment form, all that remains is for you to hand in the documents certifying your previous university studies in person at the BAU secretary's office (the deadline for handing them in is October 30th).

If my admission is declined, can I pre-enrol to another master's degree or postgraduate course while keeping the €50 fee I paid for the first pre-enrolment?

Yes, you just need to tell us which other master's degree or postgraduate course you are interested in and we will inform you how to proceed with the new pre-enrolment while keeping the €50 payment.

Certification of previous university studies

What is a certified copy?

A certified copy is a photocopy with an original stamp that confirms that the photocopy is a true copy of the original document. This "testifies" that the photocopy matches the original.

Where can I get my documents certified?

Normally all notary offices can certify documents. You can also have your documents certified by the secretary's office of the university that issued the document.

Where can I get a sworn translation?

You can obtain a sworn translation in one of the following ways:

  • Sworn translator duly authorised or registered in Spain.
  • Any diplomatic or consular representation of Spain abroad.
  • The diplomatic or consular representation in Spain of the country in which the applicant resides or of the country from which the document originates.

What is the Personal Academic Certificate?

The Personal Academic Certificate is a document issued by the academic/educational centre stating all the subjects taken and passed, the number of hours or credits and the corresponding grades. In the case that the studies were completed abroad, the document must also specify the grading system applied. Optionally, this document may be replaced by the European Diploma Supplement.

In different countries this document is also known as: academic transcript, transcript, analytic, kárdex, record of grades, academic history...

Other frequently asked questions

When will I receive the academic calendar of the master's degree or postgraduate course?

The specific calendar for each master's degree or postgraduate course with the schedule of classes, holidays and non-teaching days will be provided by the coordinators on the first day of classes.

Do I have to visit the centre before the start of classes?

One or two days before the start of classes we organise a welcome ceremony for new students. In September you will receive a communication with the invitation and the exact date and time of the event.

Are company internships organised as part of the master's or postgraduate programme?

For master's and postgraduate students (specific degrees), internships are extracurricular, as they are not part of the study plan. We offer a Work Placement service so that you can do the internship in a company while you are studying at BAU.

Student visa

Do I have to apply for a visa for my stay in Spain while I am studying?

Yes, you will need to apply for a student visa. Contact the embassy or consulate in your city for more information about the timeframe and the documentation you will need to provide.

Where should I apply for a student visa?

You must apply for a student visa at the embassy or consulate in your city.

What documents will I need to apply for a student visa?

On the part of BAU, you will need to submit the admission letter and the course syllabus that you will receive once you have completed your enrolment. For more information about the other documents you will need to provide, please contact the embassy or consulate in your city.

Can I work with a student visa?

It is possible to combine work and academic activities with the student visa, but to find out the conditions you should consult the consulate or embassy in your city.

On the other hand, the student visa allows you to do an internship in a company. We offer a work placement service for internships while you are studying at BAU. You will find information about this service at Work Placement. For specific questions about this service, please contact us at insercio.laboral@bau.cat.

Do I need additional health insurance during my stay in Spain?

Yes, one of the requirements to be able to apply for a student visa is to have a public or private health insurance policy with an insurance company authorised to operate in Spain.

What does the health insurance included in the enrolment fee cover?

The enrolment fee includes a school insurance that will only cover you for medical assistance if, during the academic timetable and while carrying out an academic activity, you have an accident that requires medical attention.