Apply editing and post-production tools in the major disciplines of visual graphic identity, with special emphasis on kinetic typography.
It is important to become familiar with the principles and uses of typography in motion and in application to the final production.
Introduction to kinetic typography
- Current situation: state of the industry.
Principles and usages of typography and differences with moving typography on screen
- Types: structure, terminology, shape and counter.
- Basic classification.
- The paragraph. Typographic hierarchies. Composition and leading.
- The letter and its expressiveness.
- Specific features of moving typography.
- Composition of typography on screen.
- Principles of typographic narrative animation.
- The text as a character.
- The rhythm, balance and movements of the camera.
Essential techniques of typographic integration into real images
- Integration into real images.
- Synchronisation of animation and audio.
- Automation of animations with expressions.
- Style effects: noise, textures, lights, shades and colour gradients.
- Consistent application of moving typography in complex audiovisual products.
- Appropriate integration of the principles of character animation into moving typography.
- Appropriate integration of typography into photorealistic videos.
- Acquisition of advanced knowledge and understanding of the theoretical and practical aspects of digital typography in depth.
- Application of their knowledge, understanding and problem solving abilities in the professional field of audiovisual design in a creative and innovative way.
- Use of audiovisual language and other resources to express and present content linked to specific knowledge about audiovisual design.
- SS2. Integration of knowledge and approaches related to cultural, artistic and historical references in design, to practical design projects in creative and innovative ways.
- SS5. Excellent command of languages of expression, graphic representation techniques, digital imaging tools, and formal and manual production techniques specific to different fields of design, thereby enabling their consistent application in the experimentation, development, execution and presentation processes inherent to professional projects.
- SS8. Mastering the use of aesthetic and symbolic codes of communication, as well as specific design languages, to adapt the communicative intention of any given project to the vision of the user.
- Observation of participation
- Monitoring of the work produced
- Realisation of works or projects