MA in Typeface Design from the Royal Academy of Art (KABK), Den Haag.
Noe Blanco is a graphic and typeface designer from Barcelona, where she also completed her graphic design studies at BAU, and later a Master’s Degree in Advanced Typography at Eina. In 2010 she moved to The Netherlands to pursue a Master’s Degree in Type and Media at KABK in The Hague. Since then, she has worked full-time designing and producing typefaces, and optimising fonts for screens. She is currently also a lecturer of typography at several schools in Barcelona. Her recent work includes projects for Underware, Emtype, Klim Type Foundry, Jordi Embodas and Letterjuice, among others.
Bachelor’s degree in Design from the Universidad Ramon Llull URL. Coordinates BunkerType.
Enhance the knowledge and use of typography as a basic tool for graphic design.
This course explores the knowledge of typographic design in order to appreciate its value as an element of personal expression and to teach its proper use in the solution of functional problems. Analytical and decision-making skills will be developed in preparation for working with typography.
The objective enables the student to acquire the necessary skills for developing future projects with typographical coherence.
5. The logo and identity
- Type combination. Type hierarchy.
- Readability and communicative intention.
- Calligraphy. Lettering.
- Typographical identity of the packaging.
- Typography in the space.
- Readability in the space.
- Type of signals. Directional, identifying, informational, promotional.
- The modules.
- Colours, shapes, corporeality, material, light, etc.
7. The screen
- Screen readability.
- Typography in motion.
- Proper application of typography in their various projects.
- Proper application of leads and column widths depending on the format of the graphic piece.
- The creation of logos from the manipulation of standard fonts.
- Selection of the appropriate fonts for on-screen design work.
- Application of knowledge, understanding and problem-solving abilities in creative and innovative ways, within the professional design environment.
- Use of the audiovisual medium and other resources to express and present content related to specific knowledge of the field.
- SS2. Integration of knowledge and approaches related to cultural, artistic and historical references in design, to practical design projects in creative and innovative ways.
- SS5. Excellent command of languages of expression, graphic representation techniques, digital imaging tools, and formal and manual production techniques specific to different fields of design, thereby enabling their consistent application in the experimentation, development, execution and presentation processes inherent to professional projects.
- SS8. Mastering the use of aesthetic and symbolic codes of communication, as well as specific design languages, to adapt the communicative intention of any given project to the vision of the user.
- Observation of participation
- Monitoring of the work produced
- Realisation of works or projects