PhD Candidate. Graduated in Architecture from the KTH (Stockholm, Sweden). Studied Electronic Art and Digital Design at the MECAD-ESDI, URL Media Centre for Art and Design.
PhD Candidate. Graduate of Architecture from KTH (Stockholm, Sweden) as part of the a+URL (Architecture + Urban Research Laboratory) department, an urban research laboratory focusing on the connection between physical and digital mediums. Graduate studies in Electronic Art and Digital Design at the Media Center for Art and Design MECAD-ESDI, URL (Sabadell, Catalonia). Josian has worked as a digital dynamiser, technology trainer and cultural manager on projects involving citizenship, social and creative uses of technology in the cultural and educational fields and in public spaces. Coordinator of the Creation Labs of Centro de Cultura Tabakalera CIIC in San Sebastían (2009-2014), the Art and Technology Laboratory programme of the Arteleku centre during its time as Arteleku-Tabakalera (2010-2011) and, since 2012, he has been the promoter and head of Hirikilabs, a citizen laboratory project that is part of the Hirikia system (open-code city) (2012-2014), which is carried out by Tabakalera in collaboration with Donostia/San Sebastían, European capital of Culture 2016. He is currently a member of the faculty of BAU, Design College.
PhD Candidate. Graduate in Fine Arts from the University of Seville with a Master’s Degree in Digital Communication, Culture and Citizenship from the Rey Juan Carlos I University in Madrid. Teacher and Art Area coordinator at BAU.
PhD Candidate. Graduate in Fine Arts from the University of Seville with a Master’s Degree in Digital Communication, Culture and Citizenship from the Rey Juan Carlos I University in Madrid. She combines lecturing, research and graphic reports, collaborating with several cultural projects and spaces. She is one of the founders of Robocicla and is part of the Arquitecturas Colectivas network. She is currently a lecturer and coordinator in the art department at BAU Design College of Barcelona, and collaborates with the Objetologías research group, where she researches the possibilities of graphic storytelling as an epistemological object, with a special focus on the methods that allow research to occur in other formats.
This course, which is part of the Department of Art, is intended as an introduction to the artistic research processes which consider the spatial dimension and address its multiple and different forms. In the course, we will explore different spatial dimensions: physical, digital, tangible and intangible spaces. Then, we will mix bodies and cities, materials, images and ideas, to rethink the relationship between the object, the subject and space.
The semester is divided into an itinerary of five blocks, in which we will deal with the creative transformation of matter, codes, behaviours and places:
- Art and body. From the performance to the object.
- Art and city. Urban exploration.
- Art, research and communication
- Interventions in space.
- Healing art.
This itinerary is completed through specific exercises, ranging from spatial interventions to the production of cultural artefacts, so that students develop an open mind towards the potential of artistic practice as an area for research beyond the image.
Module 1. Art and body
- The performance: the body as sculpture
- The collective body
Module 2. Art and city. Urban explorations
- Situationism as a methodology
- The city as amusement park
- The city as a brand
Module 3. Art, research, communication
- Art versus research
- Art, activism and communication
- The spaces of artistic research
Module 4. Art and space
- Occupy the air
- Pecha kucha
Module 5. The curator
- The speech
- The extitutions
- Appropriate interpretation and representation of volume and three-dimensional space.
- The student contextualises different types of contemporary artistic practice.
- Critical analysis and assessment of the political, social and symbolic implications of the use of space in contemporary art.
- Proper documentation of their artistic projects.
- They display an advanced knowledge and understanding of theoretical and practical aspects.
- Proper oral language (verbal and nonverbal) in Catalan, Spanish or English in personal and professional interactions.
- SS2. Integration of knowledge and approaches related to cultural, artistic and historical references in design, to practical design projects in creative and innovative ways.
- SS5. Excellent command of languages of expression, graphic representation techniques, digital imaging tools, and formal and manual production techniques specific to different fields of design, thereby enabling their consistent application in the experimentation, development, execution and presentation processes inherent to professional projects.
- Observation of participation
- Monitoring of the work produced
- Realisation of works or projects
- Presentation of projects