Jordi Planelles Salvans
Architecture graduate from the ETSAB UPC. Member of the Design and Social Transformation Research Group (GREDITS).
Architecture graduate from the ETSAB UPC. Member of the Design and Social Transformation Research Group (GREDITS). PhD student in construction technology. Specialist in construction, installation and restoration. Founding Partner of the Genís Planelles architecture studio. Professional collaborator with the ITeC Product Quality department and the Local Architectural Heritage Service of the Barcelona Provincial Council.
The main purpose of this course is to provide knowledge of the idiosyncrasies of interior design constructions in their broadest sense: from the agents involved, to the relationship between the project and construction, and also the monitoring of construction works and their finalisation.
The course is divided in two subject areas:
Module 1- Agents, regulations and documents
- Main documents.
Module 2- Budgets, planning and management of works
- Measurements / budgets.
- Management of construction works.
- Finalisation of works.
- Has knowledge of legal and regulatory aspects; applies them to ensure a project’s viability.
- Is coherent in their measurements of a defined specific space and prepares a budget.
- Plans and organises efficiently the different stages of the construction works.
- Shows managerial skills for the execution of works.
- Demonstrates their mastering of advanced knowledge and a profound understanding of theoretical and practical aspects.
- Applies their knowledge, understanding and problem-solving skills gained from the professional interior design field to innovative and creative approaches.
- Assumes different roles and responsibilities in collaborative individual work and assesses the results obtained.
- SS5. Excellent command of languages of expression, graphic representation techniques, digital imaging tools, and formal and manual production techniques specific to different fields of design, thereby enabling their consistent application in the experimentation, development, execution and presentation processes inherent to professional projects.
- SS6. Act within the framework of the regulations and laws in force on intellectual property, while considering how the economic and business sides of design, culture, industry and technology operations work.
- SS11. Efficiently planning and organising the personal or team work processes of a design project, structuring and prioritising its phases, tasks and responsibilities and, subsequently, evaluating the results obtained according to the previous challenges.
- Observation of participation
- Monitoring of the work produced
- Realisation of works or projects
- Presentation of projects