Master’s Degree in Computing for Audiovisual Media from the UPF and in Telecommunication Engineering from the UPC.
Master’s Degree in Computing for Audiovisual Media from the UPF and in Telecommunication Engineering from the UPC. She explores the use of interactive technologies as a communication tool and a generator of experiences. Her work is focused on designing and developing interactive projects for museums, events, spaces and fields like theatre and dance or communication and advertising.
The main aim of this course is to provide students with a working knowledge of the language and concepts of graphic and audiovisual creation based on algorithms and code.
- Acquiring the necessary abilities and knowledge to participate in multidisciplinary projects that combine programming and design.
- Acquiring a general knowledge beyond commercial computer programmes in order to reach more creative freedom when using a computer as a designer.
- Using programming abilities to structure projects and processes in order to solve complex problems in an organised way.
- Applying generative graphics, process automation and data display solutions to projects in order to make the most of the specialities and advantages of design programming.
- Proficiently using online resources (data, images, video, audio, information) in order to create programmed design projects that remain within the boundaries of intellectual property legislation.
Module 1: Introduction
- Content and application of the course within the work process of the graphic designer.
Module 2: Programming
- What is it to programme?
- Programming environments for designers.
- Processing: reference and query tools.
Module 3: Hello world
- First generic steps into programming: a new language.
- Coordinates in space, geometry and colour models.
Module 4: Automation
- Variables and repetition loops, conditionals.
- Generative graphics: randomness and noise.
Module 5: Animation and interaction
- Animation through algorithms, functions.
- Interaction: keyboard, mouse, events.
Module 6: Image and typography
- Licenses and intellectual property of images, audio, typefaces, data and materials.
- Image editing with graphical results.
- Generative typography.
Module 7: Automation II
- Graphic agents.
Module 8: Information display
- Displaying graphic approaches.
- Understanding and using different tools in order to create projects in which graphic programmed pieces can be integrated.
- Understanding of graphic algorithms, generative graphics and data display and application of them in graphic design projects.
- Collection and graphic display of great volumes of data.
- Application of knowledge, understanding and problem solving capacities in the field of professional design in a creative and innovative way.
- SS5. Excellent command of languages of expression, graphic representation techniques, digital imaging tools, and formal and manual production techniques specific to different fields of design, thereby enabling their consistent application in the experimentation, development, execution and presentation processes inherent to professional projects.
- Observation of participation
- Monitoring of the work produced
- Realisation of works or projects