Garment designer and creative pattern making graduate from the BAU.
Garment designer and creative pattern making graduate from the BAU, Design College of Barcelona. Adrián teaches pattern making and works as a pattern designer for the Blame Label.
An introduction for students entering the field of contemporary tailoring. Men’s and women’s fashion are reviewed from a technical perspective by conceptualising androgyny for the purpose of learning about the techniques and resources that are specific to pattern-making within tailoring. Furthermore, this course aims to start an individual research process through technical knowledge so that students acquire an innovative perspective.
- Androgyny as a contemporary concept in tailoring.
- Men’s tailoring.
- The codes of men’s tailoring.
- Working on the base by applying techniques and creativity to design a unique model of jacket.
- Volumetrics in tailoring.
- The codes of fitting outer garments.
- Structure analysis.
- Pattern supported by the Business Plan.
- Uses their technical and creative pattern-making knowledge when tailoring.
- Uses new materials for personal experimentation when developing the piece.
- Applies comfort criteria when developing the piece.
- Considers the fitting of the pieces correctly, identifies and solves the issues faced in the prototypes of contemporary tailoring.
- Applies their knowledge, understanding and problem-solving skills to the professional field of fashion design from a creative and innovative perspective.
- Observation of participation
- Monitoring of the work produced
- Specific tests: exams
- Realisation of works or projects