PhD in Architecture (UPC). Architecture graduate from the ETSAB, UPC. Coordinator of the Technical Department at BAU. Postgraduate Degree in Restoring and Rehabilitation of the Architectural heritage (UPC).
Coordinator of the line of research concerned with Teaching innovation in/and by means of design for GREDITS (Design and Social Transformation Research Group). Architecture graduate from the ETSAB (UPC). Mariona has developed many projects concerned with the design, rehabilitation and restoration of spaces that have been published in a variety of media and by a number of public administrations like the Generalitat of Catalonia and the Local Architectural Heritage Service of the Barcelona Provincial Council.
This course is a continuation of Interior Design Projects I and therefore its starting point also lies with the abilities that students have already acquired for taking a critical stance, through different methods, on situations involving conflict, challenges, innovation, etc. In this course, students will develop the following abilities in order to consolidate fulfilled objectives and achieve new ones:
- 1.1. Develop design projects based on different thematic proposals, which will be related to the new markets and universal design, from their own perspective and considering the context and environment around us.
- 1.2. Apply the specific knowledge of interior design that has already been gained, to develop various interior design projects from a critical perspective.
- 1.3. When developing projects, display proper use of the different categories of space and languages of expression specific to interior design. Be able to build a prototype related to the development of the project.
Interior design projects:
- Introduction of topics: market and universal design.
- Detection of potential problems or opportunities related to the discussed topics that can provide solutions through design proposals.
- Selection of appropriate research methods to define the boundaries of the problem.
- Implementation of a method for providing creative solutions from interior design that will solve the initial problem.
- Execution of interior design projects.
Specific content from the field of interior design:
3.1 Design focused on users
- Sequence, density
- Movements and itineraries
- Applies the specific knowledge of interior design to challenges committed to universal design and specific case studies (user).
- Carries out projects by using different categories of space and adapts them to the expressive languages of prototypes and digital representation.
- Gathers and interprets relevant data and information which will be the foundation –whenever it is deemed necessary or pertinent– for reflections related to social, scientific or ethical matters within the field of interior design.
- SS1. Critical analysis and evaluation of the consequences and implications of proposals raised in design projects, both the student’s own and those of others, and their adjustment to suit the social, economic, political and cultural context.
- SS2. Integration of knowledge and approaches related to cultural, artistic and historical references in design, to practical design projects in creative and innovative ways.
- SS3. The ability to conceptualise and experiment with suggestions for design projects, and approach them with a proactive and problem solving attitude that will facilitate decisive solutions to real or potential problems, all the while taking into account the integration of cultural, artistic and instrumental approaches.
- SS4. Apply appropriate methodologies and varied research according to the subject matter, both for knowledge management and for formal experimentation and production that meets academic and professional standards.
- SS5. Excellent command of languages of expression, graphic representation techniques, digital imaging tools, and formal and manual production techniques specific to different fields of design, thereby enabling their consistent application in the experimentation, development, execution and presentation processes inherent to professional projects.
- SS7. Consider the properties and behaviour of the materials used in the different fields of design, in order to use them at the professional level in their own productions with aesthetic sensitivity and social and environmental responsibility.
- SS8. Mastering the use of aesthetic and symbolic codes of communication, as well as specific design languages, to adapt the communicative intention of any given project to the vision of the user.
- SS9. Implementation of design projects which provide alternative solutions and propose improvements based on functionality and viability. These solutions and improvements must also be able to respond to problems or changing situations in advance, through the development of a formal production at a professional level.
- SS10. Effective contribution to cooperation and collaboration structures for the development of action plans with the capacity to adapt to the varied working methods of different creative teams.
- Observation of participation
- Monitoring of work
- Reports from students, tutors
- Performing works or projects
- Presentation of projects