Fernando Aguileta de la Garza
Graduate in Communication specialising in the Fashion and Visual Culture sectors.
Graduate in Communication specialising in the Fashion and Visual Culture sectors. History and Marketing lecturer for the Fashion itinerary of the Bachelor’s Degree in Design from Bau Design College. Guest lecturer at IDEC-UPF and the Complutense University of Madrid. ELLE magazine. Training Associate at SOFOCO, with experience in mass-consumption marketing, research, journalism and managing freelance projects for: GRAZIA magazine, modaes.es, Grupo Editorial Planeta, ACTM Clúster Tèxtil Moda de Catalunya.
Fashion and image are closely related, they are dependant on each other and able to spread ideologies, stances and perspectives in a society that is changing at a dizzying pace.
The student will understand, from a practical point of view, the system of contemporary fashion, channels of distribution and the features of each circuit.
They will understand how things are communicated, to whom, and with what effect, through strategies and specific actions from traditional planning to new trends in the field of fashion communication.
I. The fashion system: A practical approach.
- Introduction to fashion communication.
- Structure of the fashion market.
- Circuits: HC, Luxury, PàP, GC, P&C.
- Business and brand level.
- Pyramidal system.
- Galaxy system.
II. Image and creativity
- Brand identity vs. brand image.
- Image and fashion creatives.
- Photographers, editors, journalists, producers and stylists.
- Visual culture and fashion.
III. Communication mix
- Objectives and strategies.
- Communication channels.
- Communication plan.
- Case studies and interventions.
- Final Project.
- Identifies the overall structure of fashion.
- Separates levels of fashion and their objective mechanisms by segment or quality.
- Researches new trends related to the fashion sector.
- Develops creative thinking for communicating an effective message related to the field of study.
- Properly manages a fashion communication plan and related actions.
- Applies their knowledge, understanding and problem solving abilities in the professional field of fashion design in creative and innovative ways.
- Is able to successfully share knowledge, methodologies, ideas, problems and solutions with all kinds of audiences, specialised or otherwise (clients, manufacturers, suppliers…) in a clear, precise way, using the specialised terminology of design.
- SS6. Act within the framework of the regulations and laws in force on intellectual property, while considering how the economic and business sides of design, culture, industry and technology operations work.
- SS11. Efficiently planning and organising the personal or team work processes of a design project, structuring and prioritising its phases, tasks and responsibilities and, subsequently, evaluating the results obtained according to the previous challenges.
- Observation of participation
- Monitoring of the work produced
- Reports from students and tutors
- Realisation of works or projects