Desde www.goñi-studio.com y www.inclusivestudio.com ofrece un tipo de Diseño Crítico dirigido no solo a solucionar problemas sino también a buscarlos.
Nacido en Pamplona en 1979. Inició su carrera junto a ruiz+company desarrollando proyectos de Dirección creativa, Dirección de Arte y Diseño. En 2006 crea su propio estudio especializado en comunicación y espacio público.
Desde www.goñi-studio.com y www.inclusivestudio.com ofrece un tipo de Diseño Crítico dirigido no solo a solucionar problemas sino también a buscarlos. Profesor desde 2006 en BAU Centre Universitari de Disseny en el área de proyectos y proyecto final de grado en Diseño Gráfico. Co-Creador de la www.festadelgrafisme.com en Portbou, un evento transdisciplinar que pone el foco en las personas y el diseño desde una visión lúdica y una condición transfronteriza.
The goal of this course is to introduce the student to the discipline of graphic design on both a theoretical and a practical level, applying graphic design to containers and packaging. It also aims to make students conduct research and formal experimentation based on personal challenges.
- The acquisition of knowledge about the basic functions of containers and packaging.
- How packaging strategically serves as positioning for brands.
- The importance of the point of sale and how this effects design decisions.
- The study of all sectors and how their different features define a certain visual communication.
Block 1 – Precedents
- Container and packaging origins.
- Evolution of the food industry.
Block 2 – The functions of containers and packaging
Block 3 – The point of sale
- The evolution of commerce and points of sale during the 21st century.
- New Retail models.
- The structure and organisation of points of sale.
- Important features when setting out a design project
Block 4 – The packaging and container design project
- Briefing interpretation.
- Positioning strategy: competition study and sector study.
- Mood board.
- Analysis of the parts of the container or packaging, and the information levels hierarchy.
- How to guide the design project.
Block 5 – Presentation, explanation and communication of the project
- The ability to transmit and seduce the client determines the development of the project.
- Correct interpretation of an assignment and production of a graphic project to answer its needs.
- Realisation of multidisciplinary projects in an agency or studio in contact with the marketing sector.
- Mastering of knowledge of graphic design applied to the packaging discipline.
- Analysis of the design project based on the job assignment and the qualities of the point of sale.
- Development of 2D design projects to be produced in a 3D volume, and the creation of virtual volume presentations with Photoshop.
- Awareness of design alternatives for a single assignment.
- Creation of a range extensions from a key visual design.
- Development of proficiency in complex situations that may require the creation of new solutions, both academic and professional, within the audiovisual design field.
- Preparation of a documentary and social investigation in the form of a visual thesis based on a personal challenge.
- SS1. Critical analysis and evaluation of the consequences and implications of proposals raised in design projects, both the student’s own and those of others, and their adjustment to suit the social, economic, political and cultural context.
- SS2. Integration of knowledge and approaches related to cultural, artistic and historical references in design, to practical design projects in creative and innovative ways.
- SS3. The ability to conceptualise and experiment with suggestions for design projects, and approach them with a proactive and problem solving attitude that will facilitate decisive solutions to real or potential problems, all the while taking into account the integration of cultural, artistic and instrumental approaches.
- SS4. Apply appropriate methodologies and varied research according to the subject matter, both for knowledge management and for formal experimentation and production that meets academic and professional standards.
- SS5. Excellent command of languages of expression, graphic representation techniques, digital imaging tools, and formal and manual production techniques specific to different fields of design, thereby enabling their consistent application in the experimentation, development, execution and presentation processes inherent to professional projects.
- SS7. Consider the properties and behaviour of the materials used in the different fields of design, in order to use them at the professional level in their own productions with aesthetic sensitivity and social and environmental responsibility.
- SS8. Mastering the use of aesthetic and symbolic codes of communication, as well as specific design languages, to adapt the communicative intention of any given project to the vision of the user.
- SS9. Implementation of design projects which provide alternative solutions and propose improvements based on functionality and viability. These solutions and improvements must also be able to respond to problems or changing situations in advance, through the development of a formal production at a professional level.
- SS10. Effective contribution to cooperation and collaboration structures for the development of action plans with the capacity to adapt to the varied working methods of different creative teams.
- Observation of participation
- Monitoring of the work produced
- Reports from students or tutors
- Realisation of works or projects