Graduate in Graphic Design from BAU Design College.
Graduate in Graphic Design from BAU Design College. After a decade as art director at the Vasava studio, he currently has his own graphic design studio which specialises in producing work for the music industry: www.arnaupi.com.
- Enhance the knowledge and use of editorial design as a basic tool for graphic design.
- Introduce students to the study of editorial design as one of the most dynamic disciplines of current graphic design, since this is a time of structural and technological changes that are affecting our reading habits.
- Acquisition of the necessary skills for developing projects through proper distribution of information by means of grids.
- Analysis of the different grid solutions that can be implemented in analogue or digital formats.
- 1- Introduction.
- 2- Definition and development of briefing.
- 3- Definition of Editorial Design and explanation of formats: magazines, books, newspapers and digital formats.
- 4- Definition and classification of graphic elements within the framework of editorial design: typography, images and colours.
- 5- The design of the basic elements of paper books. Developing grids.
- 6- The design of the basic elements of digital books.
- 7- Graphic design of a cover and a collection.
- 8- The design of a magazine with special focus on defining a specific grid.
- The student recognises different formats of editorial design and chooses the most appropriate for each type of project.
- Identifies various fonts and chooses the most suitable for carrying out a publishing project.
- Selects and uses the appropriate images for each editorial structure.
- Selects and uses appropriate colours for each publishing project.
- Develops concepts and ideas upon which to base the formal aspects of a publishing project.
- Creates layout grids and guidelines for the proper placement of text and images.
- Development of proficiency in complex situations that may require the creation of new solutions, both academic and professional, within the graphic design field.
- SS1. Critical analysis and evaluation of the consequences and implications of proposals raised in design projects, both the student’s own and those of others, and their adjustment to suit the social, economic, political and cultural context.
- SS2. Integration of knowledge and approaches related to cultural, artistic and historical references in design, to practical design projects in creative and innovative ways.
- SS3. The ability to conceptualise and experiment with suggestions for design projects, and approach them with a proactive and problem solving attitude that will facilitate decisive solutions to real or potential problems, all the while taking into account the integration of cultural, artistic and instrumental approaches.
- SS4. Apply appropriate methodologies and varied research according to the subject matter, both for knowledge management and for formal experimentation and production that meets academic and professional standards.
- SS5. Excellent command of languages of expression, graphic representation techniques, digital imaging tools, and formal and manual production techniques specific to different fields of design, thereby enabling their consistent application in the experimentation, development, execution and presentation processes inherent to professional projects.
- SS7. Consider the properties and behaviour of the materials used in the different fields of design, in order to use them at the professional level in their own productions with aesthetic sensitivity and social and environmental responsibility.
- SS8. Mastering the use of aesthetic and symbolic codes of communication, as well as specific design languages, to adapt the communicative intention of any given project to the vision of the user.
- SS9. Implementation of design projects which provide alternative solutions and propose improvements based on functionality and viability. These solutions and improvements must also be able to respond to problems or changing situations in advance, through the development of a formal production at a professional level.
- SS10. Effective contribution to cooperation and collaboration structures for the development of action plans with the capacity to adapt to the varied working methods of different creative teams.
- Observation of participation
- Monitoring of the work produced
- Realisation of works or projects