Art director at Els Altres studio. Executive producer at The Others studio. Bachelor Degree at BAU, Design College of Barcelona. http://www.elsaltres.com/ www.theothers.tv
Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design from Bau Design College of Barcelona.
Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design and Digital Media Design Interface Art. Audiovisual designer and producer. Founding partner of Els Altres and The Others.
Roger works as art director and producer of audiovisual projects. He has worked on events, visual and interactive experiences, and collaborates with Onionlab and La Fábrica de Sombreros (Chupa Chups) studios. He currently works with advertising agencies such as Double You (NIKE, FC Barcelona), Grey (Danone), TBWA (Fira de Barcelona), Wunderman (Ibercaja), OgilvyOne (Mahou). He combines this work with lecturing at universities such as Elisava and BAU.
This course is part of the field of Graphic Design and Visual Communication Projects, in which students will develop graphic design projects according to the requirements of a professional assignment: client, market research, briefing and re-briefing.
A real client will visit the classroom several times to present the project and evaluate the suggestions made by the students.
The student will have to apply specific knowledge acquired during the semester on Graphic Design and Visual Communication when developing the different projects.
- 1. Introduction to the subject
- 2. Briefing and re-briefing
- 3. Process and project methodology for graphic design in the context of advertising
- 4. Information research and analysis in the design process
- 5. Creativity and strategy in advertising
- 6. Graphic contextualisation
- 7. Coordination of applications and graphic advertising formats
- 8. Project presentation and reasoning
- Application of critical research into a real problem suggested by a client (company or institution).
- To solve a real assignment related to the field of advertising design at a professional level.
- Development of proficiency in complex situations that may require the creation of new solutions, both academic and professional, within the graphic design field.
- Clear and precise communication to any kind of specialised or non-specialised audiences (clients, manufacturers, suppliers, etc.). Ability to transmit knowledge, methodologies, ideas, problems and solutions using specialised graphic design language.
- Coherent and realistic definition of personal learning objectives and design of developing processes with well defined goals within the available time.
- SS1. Critical analysis and evaluation of the consequences and implications of proposals raised in design projects, both the student’s own and those of others, and their adjustment to suit the social, economic, political and cultural context.
- SS2. Integration of knowledge and approaches related to cultural, artistic and historical references in design, to practical design projects in creative and innovative ways.
- SS3. The ability to conceptualise and experiment with suggestions for design projects, and approach them with a proactive and problem solving attitude that will facilitate decisive solutions to real or potential problems, all the while taking into account the integration of cultural, artistic and instrumental approaches.
- SS4. Apply appropriate methodologies and varied research according to the subject matter, both for knowledge management and for formal experimentation and production that meets academic and professional standards.
- SS5. Excellent command of languages of expression, graphic representation techniques, digital imaging tools, and formal and manual production techniques specific to different fields of design, thereby enabling their consistent application in the experimentation, development, execution and presentation processes inherent to professional projects.
- SS7. Consider the properties and behaviour of the materials used in the different fields of design, in order to use them at the professional level in their own productions with aesthetic sensitivity and social and environmental responsibility.
- SS8. Mastering the use of aesthetic and symbolic codes of communication, as well as specific design languages, to adapt the communicative intention of any given project to the vision of the user.
- SS9. Implementation of design projects which provide alternative solutions and propose improvements based on functionality and viability. These solutions and improvements must also be able to respond to problems or changing situations in advance, through the development of a formal production at a professional level.
- SS10. Effective contribution to cooperation and collaboration structures for the development of action plans with the capacity to adapt to the varied working methods of different creative teams.
- Observation of participation
- Monitoring of the work produced
- Reports from students and tutors
- Realisation of works or projects