Designer for several commercial brands (Trucco, Divinas Palabras, Elisa Amann), technical advisor, window dresser and stylist.
Designer for several commercial brands (Trucco, Divinas Palabras, Elisa Amann), technical advisor, window dresser and stylist. Designer for several commercial brands (Trucco, Divinas Palabras, Elisa Amann), technical advisor, window dresser and stylist. He was Sales Director at Josep Font in Spain for 6 years. He occasionally DJs at local events and is a fashion show music editor for clients like Josep Font, Desigual and TCN. He coordinates the Fashion Department of the Higher Education Diploma in Design, and the External Apprenticeships from the Bachelor’s Degree in Design at the BAU College of Design.
The starting point for this course lies with the abilities that students already possess for taking a critical stance, through different methods, when faced with situations that involve conflict, challenges, innovation, etc. In this course, the student will develop all these abilities and methods within the field of fashion design.
During this process, the student will fulfil the following goals:
- 1.1. Develop design projects based on different thematic proposals from their own perspective while considering the context and environment around us.
- 1.2. Apply the specific knowledge of the field that they have already gained to the development of various projects.
- 1.3. When developing projects, properly use the different categories of space and languages of expression specific to fashion design.
Fashion Design Projects:
- Presentation of topics: Progress and Tradition, the Ecological Footprint.
- Detection of potential problems or opportunities related to the discussed topics that can be solved through design proposals.
- Selection of appropriate research methods to determine the limits of the problem.
- Implementation of a creative method to provide solutions from fashion design that will solve the initial problem.
- Execution of fashion design projects.
Specific contents of the fashion design field:
Fashion trends. The concept of fashion trends and how they are developed will be reviewed. To this purpose, the following factors will be discussed:
- Types of collections: prêt-à-porter, haute couture, etc.
- Colour ranges and prints.
- Types of garments.
- Research and analysis of the information necessary for developing a fashion design project that shows commitment to the context of eco-design and sustainability.
- Carry out projects by choosing technical systems of fashion representation, both flat and volume-based.
- Adjust graphic and audiovisual means to the presentation.
- Collects and interprets relevant data and information on which to base, when necessary and appropriate, reflections on social, scientific or ethical issues from the field of design.
- Proposes interventions in line with democratic and sustainability-related values while respecting the fundamental rights of individuals.
- Uses the audiovisual language and other related resources to express and present content linked to the specific knowledge of fashion design.
- SS8. Mastering the use of aesthetic and symbolic codes of communication, as well as specific design languages, to adapt the communicative intention of any given project to the vision of the user.
- SS9. Implementation of design projects which provide alternative solutions and propose improvements based on functionality and viability. These solutions and improvements must also be able to respond to problems or changing situations in advance, through the development of a formal production at a professional level.
- SS10. Effective contribution to cooperation and collaboration structures for the development of action plans with the capacity to adapt to the varied working methods of different creative teams.
- Observation of participation
- Monitoring of the work produced
- Reports from students and tutors
- Realisation of works or projects