Graduate in Audiovisual Design from the BAU, Design College of Barcelona, and holder of a Degree in Computer Systems Management.
Graduate in Audiovisual Design from the BAU, Design College of Barcelona, and holder of a Degree in Computer Systems Management. Ramon works for private companies in the field of programming and web design, creation of digital content, digital project coordination and development of mobile applications.
Creation and Authoring Digital II is an introductory course on the conceptualisation, design and layout of web pages.
This course provides students with an understanding of the analysis, conceptualisation, design, development and implementation of a real web project that meets the needs of the current environment in terms of optimisation, usability and visualisation for mobile devices. The contents of the course will place special emphasis on the use of audiovisual material on the net.
The course aims to provide the student with an overview of the web medium and its ability to project multimedia content, while taking into account both its creative potential and technical requirements.
Module 1: Concept and Design.
- Unit 1. Introduction and basic concepts. Web terminology.
- Unit 2. Fundamentals of web design: briefing, information architecture and content strategy.
- Unit 3. Principles of usability, wireframes, interface design and optimisation.
Module 2: Layout and styles. Development of a web project
- Unit 1: Website layout: Structure and content (HTML + CSS).
- Unit 2: New standards: HTML5 and semantic web + CSS3.
- Unit 3: HTML5: Audio and video. Video compression for online platforms.
- Unit 4: Responsive Web Design. Optimisation for mobile devices.
Module 3: Test and publication of the site
Module 4: Extensions with other web languages
- Topic 1: APIs and open source for designers; implementation of social networks, forms, optimisation, interactivity, etc.
Module 5: Content management systems
- Topic 1: Wordpress.
Module 6: Mobile applications
- Topic 3: Web apps, conceptualisation and design of mobile applications. Prototypes.
- The students apply the graphic design languages (structure, colour and typography) in different audiovisual design media.
- They manage the processes of conceptualisation, design and development of interactive applications and/or platforms (online and offline).
- They understand mounting techniques, the structuring of information and the connection of contents.
- Apply the foundation of programming languages at a basic level.
- Proper use of the specific tools for the creation and layout of web content.
- Optimising multimedia material according to the needs of the targeted medium.
- Using the audiovisual medium and other resources to express and present content related to specific knowledge of the field.
- Acknowledge the possibilities of the web platform for integration and dissemination of the audiovisual product.
- SS5. Excellent command of languages of expression, graphic representation techniques, digital imaging tools, and formal and manual production techniques specific to different fields of design, thereby enabling their consistent application in the experimentation, development, execution and presentation processes inherent to professional projects.
- SS7. Consider the properties and behaviour of the materials used in the different fields of design, in order to use them at the professional level in their own productions with aesthetic sensitivity and social and environmental responsibility.
- SS8. Mastering the use of aesthetic and symbolic codes of communication, as well as specific design languages, to adapt the communicative intention of any given project to the vision of the user.
- SS9. Implementation of design projects which provide alternative solutions and propose improvements based on functionality and viability. These solutions and improvements must also be able to respond to problems or changing situations in advance, through the development of a formal production at a professional level.
- Observation of participation.
- Monitoring of the work produced.
- Realisation of works or projects.