Graphic, multimedia and audiovisual designer. Video editor and post producer.
Graphic, multimedia and audiovisual designer. Video editor and post producer. Lecturer for the Technological Department. Audiovisual, graphic and multimedia designer for a variety of production companies, film festivals, studios and communication agencies. Extensive training experience through master’s degrees, postgraduate courses, workshops and seminars.
This course is an introduction to the conceptualisation and script making of audiovisual interactive products. The aim of the course is to teach students how to read, interpret and analyse interactive products from an audiovisual design point of view, focusing on the cultural sphere both in its structure and dynamics as well as its audiovisual and interactive style. The course will provide the foundations for interactive design and audiovisual production that will allow students to conceptualise an interactive cultural project for new screens (e.g. interactive web projects, interactive cinema, interactive documentaries, cross-media, transmedia or interactive videos for mobiles).
Assessment is based on a final project, for which the various practical and theoretical elements that are part of the process of developing and conceptualising a real product will be evaluated. Students will work in groups, producing the necessary documentation to be able to clearly explain the project to an outsider, for instance a potential producer, a promoter or the final client. Once the product is finished, it will be evaluated according to the viability of the project and the quality and innovation of the product.
- Unit 1. Interactive media and the history of interactivity. Hypertext, hypermedia and multimedia. Digital interface.
- Unit 2. Technological, interactive and format characteristics and determinants. Interface.
- Unit 3. Navigation tools and structure of an interactive product.
- Unit 4. Interface design and analysis: navigation, structure and information distribution.
- Unit 5. Presentation tools for interactive projects. The teaser.
- Unit 0. Introduction to image interaction in real time. Max/Msp/Jitter.
- Unit 1. Interactive narrative. Precedents in literature, poetry, cinema, etc.
- Unit 2. The interactive documentary. Introduction and examples.
- Management and mastering of the conceptualisation process, design and development of an interactive and/or multiplatform application (online and offline).
- Correct application of programming language basics.
- Basic level integration of several technologies and languages for the implementation of an interactive application.
- Multimedia equipment optimisation according to the needs of the targeted media.
- Understanding of editing techniques, information structuring and content connection.
- Application of knowledge, understanding and problem-solving abilities in creative and innovative ways within the professional design environment.
- Use of audiovisual language and other resources to express and present content related to specific knowledge about audiovisual design.
- SS5. Excellent command of languages of expression, graphic representation techniques, digital imaging tools, and formal and manual production techniques specific to different fields of design, thereby enabling their consistent application in the experimentation, development, execution and presentation processes inherent to professional projects.
- SS7. Consider the properties and behaviour of the materials used in the different fields of design, in order to use them at the professional level in their own productions with aesthetic sensitivity and social and environmental responsibility.
- SS8. Mastering the use of aesthetic and symbolic codes of communication, as well as specific design languages, to adapt the communicative intention of any given project to the vision of the user.
- SS9. Implementation of design projects which provide alternative solutions and propose improvements based on functionality and viability. These solutions and improvements must also be able to respond to problems or changing situations in advance, through the development of a formal production at a professional level.
- Observation of participation
- Monitoring of the work produced
- Realisation of works or projects