Architecture graduate from the Faculty of Architecture and Urbanism at the Universidad de Chile.
Holder of a Master’s degree in Interior Design from the Universidad de Salamanca. Designer specialising in architectural lighting design with over 10 years of professional experience. Mariel is currently a board member of the Association of Professional Lighting Designers – APDI
Jordi Planelles Salvans
Architecture graduate from the ETSAB UPC. Member of the Design and Social Transformation Research Group (GREDITS).
Architecture graduate from the ETSAB UPC. Member of the Design and Social Transformation Research Group (GREDITS). PhD student in construction technology. Specialist in construction, installation and restoration. Founding Partner of the Genís Planelles architecture studio. Professional collaborator with the ITeC Product Quality department and the Local Architectural Heritage Service of the Barcelona Provincial Council.
The student will acquire theoretical knowledge of structural and construction systems specific to the construction and installation field. This knowledge will allow them to develop projects with a solid and stable structure or framework.
The student will acquire theoretical knowledge about lighting and the planning of electrical fittings, which they will need to develop simple lighting projects, while taking into account the criteria regarding aesthetics, energy, technology and construction.
Module I. Construction I
- 1. Study of the basic materials used in the field of interior design.
- 2. Knowledge of the characteristics of the basic materials used in the field of interior design.
- 3. Study of the basic construction systems used in the field of interior design.
- 4. Relationship between the tectonics and stereotomy of construction elements.
Block II. Facilities I
- Principles of lighting I: light and colour.
- Principles of lighting II: units and magnitudes.
- Lamps: from the sun to LEDs.
- Principles of lighting II: computer-based calculation.
- Regulations, eco-efficiency and maintenance cycle.
- The electrical diagram of a building.
- Control and interaction mechanisms.
- Control of sunlight.
- Knows about the different construction systems.
- Uses the basic construction materials adequately in an interior design project.
- Successfully constructs basic lighting installations for different spaces.
- Knows about the different types of lighting that are most commonly used in the market and their specifications.
- Develops basic lighting projects and applies aesthetic, energy consumption and technological criteria.
- Demonstrates a mastery of advanced knowledge and a profound understanding of theoretical and practical aspects.
- SS3. The ability to conceptualise and experiment with suggestions for design projects, and approach them with a proactive and problem solving attitude that will facilitate decisive solutions to real or potential problems, all the while taking into account the integration of cultural, artistic and instrumental approaches.
- SS7. Consider the properties and behaviour of the materials used in the different fields of design, in order to use them at the professional level in their own productions with aesthetic sensitivity and social and environmental responsibility.
- SS9. Implementation of design projects which provide alternative solutions and propose improvements based on functionality and viability. These solutions and improvements must also be able to respond to problems or changing situations in advance, through the development of a formal production at a professional level.
- Observation of participation
- Monitoring of the work produced
- Specific tests: exams
- Realisation of works or projects
- Presentation of projects