Graphic, multimedia and audiovisual designer. Online/Offline Communication advisor.
Graduate in Audiovisual Design. Master’s Degree in Graphic Design and Digital Publications. Educated in graphic, digital and audiovisual design, and also strategic communication. She develops and coordinates online/offline projects. Lecturer with 7 years’ experience teaching in design schools around Barcelona.
In order to achieve new goals, during this semester students will develop their skills at adopting a critical stance, by means of the different methodologies, that will help them in facing conflict and innovative situations, challenges, etc.:
- 1. They will have to develop design projects based on different thematic proposals related to redesign and sustainability, these will be from their own point of view and influenced by the context and environment around us.
- 2. They must apply the different parameters and resources of audiovisual communication which they have acquired during the semester when developing various projects.
- 3. Finally, in each project students must appropriately use the expressive language of the new audiovisual environment, during this semester they will work primarily with sequential content.
Audiovisual design projects:
- Presentation of the subjects: Progress and tradition, the ecological footprint.
- Detection of potential problems or opportunities related to the topics discussed that can provide solutions through design proposals.
- Selection of the appropriate research methodologies in order to breakdown the boundaries of the problem.
- Implementation of a method for providing creative solutions to solve the initial audiovisual design problem.
- Development of audiovisual design projects.
- Specific contents from the field of the visual design:
The purpose of visual design is to communicate through different audiovisual media. Within this framework, students will work on how to convey concepts, values and emotions to connect with the target audience:
- Definition of the message: ‘what do we mean?’
- Definition of the target: ‘who do we target?’
- Definition of the creative hub: ‘how to secure their attention?’
- Definition of the communication strategy: ‘means to connect to the target.’
Execution and development
Once the message, target, creative hub and communication strategy are defined, the students will work on the selection and development of the design solutions and reflect on the nature of the audiovisual language and possibilities offered by current screens:
- Selection of a solution / format.
- Audiovisual proposal.
- Pre-production (script).
- Students apply the appropriate type of research to the design process of challenges that are committed to the context (redesign and sustainable design).
- Proper application of the different project design processes: inductive, comparative, scientific and/or speculative.
- Correct use of audiovisual design language.
- They make audiovisual design proposals by applying the basics of narrative structure.
- They apply specific knowledge of communication to their audiovisual design projects.
- Proper use of the pre-production, production and post-production resources specific to audiovisual narrative.
- They collect and interpret relevant data and information on which to base, when necessary and appropriate, reflections on social, scientific or ethical issues from the field of design.
- They make statements which are consistent with democratic and sustainability values, and show respect for the fundamental rights of individuals.
- Use the audiovisual medium and other resources to express and present specific knowledge of the field.
- SS1. Critical analysis and evaluation of the consequences and implications of proposals raised in design projects, both the student’s own and those of others, and their adjustment to suit the social, economic, political and cultural context.
- SS2. Integration of knowledge and approaches related to cultural, artistic and historical references in design, to practical design projects in creative and innovative ways.
- SS3. The ability to conceptualise and experiment with suggestions for design projects, and approach them with a proactive and problem solving attitude that will facilitate decisive solutions to real or potential problems, all the while taking into account the integration of cultural, artistic and instrumental approaches.
- SS4. Apply appropriate methodologies and varied research according to the subject matter, both for knowledge management and for formal experimentation and production that meets academic and professional standards.
- SS5. Excellent command of languages of expression, graphic representation techniques, digital imaging tools, and formal and manual production techniques specific to different fields of design, thereby enabling their consistent application in the experimentation, development, execution and presentation processes inherent to professional projects.
- SS7. Consider the properties and behaviour of the materials used in the different fields of design, in order to use them at the professional level in their own productions with aesthetic sensitivity and social and environmental responsibility.
- SS8. Mastering the use of aesthetic and symbolic codes of communication, as well as specific design languages, to adapt the communicative intention of any given project to the vision of the user.
- SS9. Implementation of design projects which provide alternative solutions and propose improvements based on functionality and viability. These solutions and improvements must also be able to respond to problems or changing situations in advance, through the development of a formal production at a professional level.
- SS10. Effective contribution to cooperation and collaboration structures for the development of action plans with the capacity to adapt to the varied working methods of different creative teams.
- Observation of participation.
- Monitoring of the work produced.
- Reports from students and tutors.
- Realisation of works or projects.