Josep María Marimón
Coordinator of the Projects Department at the BAU.
In recent years the audiovisual sector has enjoyed an expansion of media broadcasting and production techniques. Audiovisual Workshop III will open a framework for experimentation in these new creative possibilities to provide further innovative techniques.
The course is divided into two parts:
- Part 1: Work process aimed at creating a public visual spectacle
- Part 2: Individual Work process related to a personal research in the field of the Final Studies Project.
1. Audiovisuals for performances
- 1.1. Status of the audiovisual art in the world of entertainment and culture. Review of the latest trends in the audiovisual sector.
- 1.2 Status of the art technology available to carry out large-scale audiovisual projects.
- 1.2.1 Multi-screen technology.
- 1.2.2 Live audiovisual Management Software: qlab
2. Video mapping
- 2.1 Status of the art of video mapping.
- 2.1 Specific technology for video mapping development
- 2.2 Video mapping Softwares: QLAB, MILLUMIN, MADMAPPER.
- 2.3 Tracking projection techniques.
Efficiently applied management technologies and multimedia creation with its own language of new and current media.
It develops in complex situations or require the development of new solutions both in academic and professional in the field of audiovisual design.
- SS1. Critical analysis and evaluation of the consequences and implications of proposals raised in design projects, both the student’s own and those of others, and their adjustment to suit the social, economic, political and cultural context.
- SS2. Integration of knowledge and approaches related to cultural, artistic and historical references in design, to practical design projects in creative and innovative ways.
- SS3. Develop experimentation processes of conceptualization and testing that allow performed project proposals with proactive and response capacity that generate design solutions to real or potential problems, considering the integration of cultural, artistic and instrumental approaches.
- SS4. Apply appropriate and varied methodologies of research according to the subject matter, both for knowledge management and for formal experimentation and production that meets academic and professional standards.
- SS5. Excellent command of languages of expression, graphic representation techniques, digital imaging tools, and formal and manual production techniques specific to different fields of design, thereby enabling their consistent application in the experimentation, development, execution and presentation processes inherent to professional projects.
- SS7. Consider the properties and behaviour of the materials used in the different fields of design, in order to use them in a professional level in their own productions with aesthetic sensitivity and social and environmental responsibility.
- SS8. Mastering the use of aesthetic and symbolic codes of communication, as well as specific design languages, to adapt the communicative intention of any given project to the real perception of the user.
- SS9. Implementation of design projects which provide alternative solutions and propose improvements based on functionality and viability. These solutions and improvements must also be able to respond to problems or changing situations in advance, through the development of a formal production at a professional level.
- SS10. Effective contribution to cooperation and collaboration structures for the development of action plans with the capacity to adapt to the varied working methods of different creative teams.
- Observation of participation
- Monitoring of the work produced
- Realisation of works or projects